• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Mustard on Brisket

Started by unsmokedham, January 19, 2010, 11:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT-MO

I CYM'ed my last brisket (my first brisket in the OBS) and it turned out great other than I took it out a little to soon.
I would do it again, but this time leave it in a little longer until IT was around 190 and not 180 (about another hour or so).

Pachanga

Quote from: JT-MO on January 23, 2010, 03:25:08 PM
I CYM'ed my last brisket (my first brisket in the OBS) and it turned out great other than I took it out a little to soon.
I would do it again, but this time leave it in a little longer until IT was around 190 and not 180 (about another hour or so).

Most of my briskets come out at 190 - 195 in the middle of the flat.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

Father Tom

Try this mustard glaze on your pork before you smoke it the next time:

1/4 Cup dijon mustard.
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
1/4 Cup molasses
Salt and black pepper

paint glaze on pork and then add rub of choice.  glaze as stated earlier help keep rub, jalapenos or whatever on meat during smoking...

FT 8) 8) 8)

Pachanga

Quote from: Father Tom on January 25, 2010, 10:42:31 AM
Try this mustard glaze on your pork before you smoke it the next time:

1/4 Cup dijon mustard.
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
1/4 Cup molasses
Salt and black pepper

paint glaze on pork and then add rub of choice.  glaze as stated earlier help keep rub, jalapenos or whatever on meat during smoking...

FT 8) 8) 8)

Father Tom,

I missed this recipe post.  Some of my favorite ingredients.  This is going on my next piece of pork.  Thanks.  Now for the rub; maybe some ancho, pinch of hot chiles pequin, ?????

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

unsmokedham

Looks like I'm going to have to go to the market and buy them out of pork butt just so I can try all the different ways to smoke it up.

Pachanga, man you are making me hungry talking about fajitas. I still can't get a decent plate of fajitas here to this day even though the locals have come a long way from the beginning. I still do my own when I want authentic Tex-Mex. Other than that it's a plate of beans and burritos ever now and then.

I did some pork loin yesterday without the mustard - haven't quite brought myself to try it yet but I will. Setup the loin with just a marinate mix of Worchester Sauce, onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pierced it into the meat with a fork and then let it sit over night. Out the next morning and then did a couple of cuts along the top and sprinkle in some rosemary and olive oil in the cuts.Top that with a bunch of diagonally placed thick bacon strips to 'band aid' the cuts closed.

Into the preheated OBS @ 250, smoke for 2 hours with maple while starting at 175 for 2.5 hours and then up the heat to 240 and finish at IT of 180 on the Auber PID. Took about 5 hours or so. Man that was the best pork loin I have ever had. Smoke flavor was just perfect and the rosemary really set it off. Way better than the rosemary pork loin I have had at Olive Garden down south of here. Even my wife who isn't a pork freak like me liked it. She even wanted some leftover for dinner tonight. That says alot when she will eat pork 2 days in a row. Usually it is once every week or two for pork and then back to chicken or a steak. Gotta write that process down to remember it.

Gene