Hello, Newbe here!

Started by Medic694, January 24, 2010, 05:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinG

Oh no, hope you have enough time to get it up, running, and conditioned!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

OU812

Quote from: KevinG on February 02, 2010, 04:06:12 AM
Oh no, hope you have enough time to get it up, running, and conditioned!

Dont forget to season your smoker first.

SnellySmokesEm

Welcome to the forum!  The guys on here have some very helpful information.  If you have a question do your research and ask away!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Medic694

The smoker came in today hopefully I can find some bisquettes tomorrow for seasoning and dinner.

classicrockgriller

G/L Medic. Hope it all comes together for you.

Quarlow

Quote from: Medic694 on February 05, 2010, 07:39:05 PM
The smoker came in today hopefully I can find some bisquettes tomorrow for seasoning and dinner.
Tell us where you are and maybe the members can help you find some pucks.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

I 'cheated' on the seasoning.  My pucks were 3-4 days behind the OBS arriving.  I had some mesquite chips left over from smoking on the grill.  I fired up the OBS and put a few of the mesquite chips on the hotplate.  Let them burn up most of the way, brush them off and add more.  Did this for a couple of hours.  Plenty of smoke.

This is not a recommendation, just a description of what I did.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Nepas has used Traeger pellets in his OBS before...   Not sure if he put them in a little pan, or right on the hot plate?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: squirtthecat on February 06, 2010, 06:58:32 AM

Nepas has used Traeger pellets in his OBS before...   Not sure if he put them in a little pan, or right on the hot plate?

And if you cant find any pucks you can get a bag of chips and just place a 1/4 cup right on the end of the slider. Works pretty good in a pinch.

Medic694

I live in Winter Haven FL. I found some in Lakeland and the seasoning process is under way ;D I am going to smoke Danish Ribs and whole Chicken Wings for the big game tomorrow.

Quarlow

Glad to hear your up and running. What are Danish ribs?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

KevinG

Ribs off of a Great Dane  ???
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Quarlow

Oh god, this place is full of clowns. Ar ar. ;D ;D

OBS
BBQ

RickWL63

Medic694

Danish ribs are some kind or pork ribs from Denmark. I smoked with maple. I smoke for three hours and removed the chicken wings, wrap the ribs in foil and cooked them for another three hours. Ribs fell off of the bone. I fried the chicken wings a little to long. All and all it was a good experience. Food was great. Thank you all for the help.