• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Replacing/adding heating element

Started by texjauto, February 20, 2010, 04:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Texjauto

Sorry to hear about the trouble, but I think Arnie hit on a possibility.  It does sound like a combination of factors.  One is the beer can chicken - I don't do because for me it takes longer than I want it to.  Two is the closed vent - that can drastically affect the temp, but not down to 110 deg.  Three - I agree that the only heat is possibly the puck burner only.  So first thing to do is to open the vent cut the unit on and check for a glowing element,  If it is not glowing, shut down, unplug for power and check the connections of all the wires in the back of the cabinet and the smoke generator - unplug them and plug them back in a couple of times and make sure they are plugged in all the way.  Check element again.  If glowing- probably ok, but let it get up to temperature to see if it gets above 200.  If it doesn't glow, then should call bradley, and they will lead you on how to check if element is bad or if something is wrong with the controller.  

Also need to make sure the door is sealing good.  It could be gunked up or maybe a little misleveling could be causing it not to seal.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"