• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Quick brisket question

Started by str1der, May 30, 2005, 04:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

str1der

Can brisket be sliced, vacuum sealed , then frozen like shoulder then reheated by putting the bag in boiling water? Will it still be any good?

Smok'em if you got'em

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

yes, yes , and yes  , put a bit of apple juice in when you seal it up , when reheating in boiling water it will make it moist again. only one thing when you pull from the freezer just dont pull 1 bag it wont be enough[;)]

str1der

Thanks Rob. I just pulled two butts and a flat out of the smoker and I'm FTCing right now. This is my first brisket so I hope it turns out well. We're heading to Hilton Head next weekend for a week so I thought I take some BBQ with us.

Smok'em if you got'em

JJC

Hi Ken,

Follow Rob's advice about adding some apple juice--makes' a workld of difference!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Shawn_In_Training

As you can see by my number of posts, I am no expert. However I have read a lot of postings about this topic and done some "testing" and agree that the vacuum packed meat will be great (or at this point was great).

I wanted to add something that I tried to help out the vacuum sealing process. Instead of just adding apple juice, I froze the apple juice into "apple-ice-cubes" and put the frozen juice in the vacuum bag. This helps keep the vacuum from pulling out the liquid (bad for the meat and the vacuum).

I have 20 lbs of pulled pork and 8 lbs of pulled chicken vacuumed/frozen to take to the Outer Banks for a family reunion the end of June.

Shawn

Chez Bubba

Hey Shawn,

I'm free at the end of June. Can I be considered family?[:p][:D][8D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?