• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pics as Promised

Started by KEABOS63, July 01, 2010, 06:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rensho

Wow, beautiful kids and I like your choice of knives.  I've got some of the same.  Looking forward to some mouth watering pix of the finished products, plated.  And welcome!
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

KEABOS63

Lessons learned is right. Next time I'll leave that vent wide open and won't touch it. Luckily the pork came out great anyway.

Yesterday it was not humid at all. But it did get a bit foggy in the early A.M.! Darn it that is probably what did it, right? When I woke up to check things out at 6 everything was a bit damp such as the table and the ground.

I would say it looks good?

Almost ready to chow down.

These were very good.

That knife is my baby. I fish alot locally on the Big Pond near the Channel Islands. I live just east of Ventura on this map. Anyway that is my filet knife.

Hope you all enjoyed sharing my first Butt experience with me. I really appreciate all the help. Thanks again.

Habanero Smoker

You definitely have beautiful children.

As for the black rain, I'm not sure if that really is what is considered black rain. It looks like the discoloration cause from the juices that flow out of the opening that you inserted one of your probes, and mingled with your rub.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KEABOS63

I thought the same thing too about the black streak down the butt but I figured I had something wrong and it was the black rain. I did notice that the streaks seemed to originate near the holes from the thermomoters too. I don't know but it tasted good.

Tim

waterkc

Great Looking Family.  I think the butt turned out perfect man, looks like the buns were toasted and plated very nice. Great Job. Tonight I am taking on my first butt.

Honey??? lol

Pics to follow.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

ArnieM

Nice family and nice butt Tim.

I keep my vent wide open because it's stuck there  ;D  I'll probably just remove the dang thing.

I've only had black rain once.  That was a setup with the smoker in the garage in winter and some dryer duct to vent the smoke.  You can see the small spot in the pic below.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.