• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First Butt; I am going in.....

Started by waterkc, July 02, 2010, 10:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterkc

Hello Lad's

I have a mighty fine looking butt on the counter for about and hour now letting it come up to temp.  I am getting the temp on the DBS4rck up to 260°. I will the hit this with about 5 hours of Smoke. Choosing Hickory and some of the left over Pecan\Maple from the past smokes. I am so stoked to get this thing rolling.

Going to preheat the smoke genny once I get up to temp and chuck this puppy in and set for 200° over night, as I don't want to wake to a wasted butt. I also have a huge 9x13 water pan full-o-water. I did this with ham for the first time and woke to a lot of smoke when one of the pucks was sitting on another floating around smokin,  :o whoops.....lol

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

DTAggie

Tenpoint5

Things is looking good so far!

I see BACON hangers. When are we going to be doing some BACON huh??? There is nothing better than homemade BACON.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

waterkc

waiting on the butcher to get some, I have and order in. Just waiting. Its killing me.

I am also wondering what temp to take the butt to?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

FLBentRider

Quote from: waterkc on July 03, 2010, 09:56:50 AM
I am also wondering what temp to take the butt to?

I take them to 190-200F
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

waterkc

coolo, will do. This is Barking up nice for sure. Looks AWESOME.