• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pork Spare Ribs

Started by Max, September 07, 2010, 06:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

7 hours cook time at 225* to an IT of 185*

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Look good from this side of the computer
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

justpete

Look good Max how were they?

Max

They were very good. They were not dry and were near fall off the bone. They look more charred in the pictures than in real life. But they did have a dark dark red bark on them. Because of a lot of brown sugar in the rub and I spritzed with cran-rasberry juice the whole last hour, it was like a pork candy crust. I used 1 hr hickory, 20 min cherry, 1hr 20min apple: total 2hr 40min of smoke. I'm not crazy about cherry wood on its own after buying a whole box, so I just use one on every smoke to use them up. Hickory/apple is my absolute favorite combo.

This is also the 3rd time in a row that I did NOT foil the ribs inside the Bradley. And although I have had plenty success in the past foiling ribs inside the Bradley, I have permanently resigned to do without. Not trying to start a huge flame war here, just do whatever works for you!

bundy

Looking real good Max! How was the bark?? Did you FTC them at all??????

waterkc

Awesome, I have just set up some ribs for this weekend also. Staters had them on sale for $1.44 a lbs, had the butcher split them in half, and the two racks split into two each gave me 4 slabs, for about total price of $15.84. I got 11lbs ish of meat.

I hit them with grub rub last night and stuck them in the fridge, going to smoke them on Oak this weekend. Can't wait to see how they turn out.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

Max

QuoteLooking real good Max! How was the bark?? Did you FTC them at all???

Bark was great. I'd say 7 hrs cook time was just a little too much because although they were not dry, they would have been if left in any longer. I FTC'd for about 30 minutes before eating.

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

TestRocket

The bark does look good. I wish I could smell them!

starship

Smell them? I think I would like to eat a plate full!  Good looking ribs.
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

Pachanga

Max,

That is an outstanding bark - beautiful color.  My naked ribs take about 6 to 7 hours at 220- 225 also.
A light mustard slather and mopping may help if you think they are getting dry.  It works for me.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

Caneyscud

Bang on Max!  I love me some spareribs.  But last time - momma laid down the law.  Iff'n she was going to eat them, I would have to cut off the tips (cartilage).  I was just about to....I was this close to telling her I was sorry she was going to be missing out on good ribs from now on!  But I decided I wanted to live a few more years at least!  St Louis style it is! - but only at the house!!! ;D ;D
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

ArnieM

The ribs look really good Max. 

I kinda dried out the last Baby Backs I did.  I really prefer spare ribs.  No one around seems to have them on sale at the moment.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.