• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

overnight smoking

Started by elweezo, October 28, 2010, 08:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuyLowSellHigh

I do overnight.  But, I don't leave it until after the smoking is done, burnt pucks are dumped, and bowl is replaced with a disposable 9x13 aluminum pan filled with hot water.  After that I am comfortable with a PID in charge.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

elweezo

what is a good and hopefully PID to get
I thought I had something intersting to put here but then I thought again

BuyLowSellHigh

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

GusRobin

I also do the butts and briskets as overnight cooks. As BLSH does, I time it so that the smoke is done before I go to bed and change out the water and burnt pucks. I will also check the water level and grease build up on the v tray before I go to bed.
As RAF stated, you will freak when you see the temp rise prior to stall and go to bed knowing that the IT will overshoot your goal before you wake up. But don't worry it will stall for a long time ;D
I don't worry about a cast iron bowl and just put in the dual element. With it I don't have to worry about recovery times, heat sinks, etc etc. I just use a disposable pan. Of course I have been reusing it and haven't disposed of it yet ::)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on October 28, 2010, 01:15:57 PM
I do overnight.  But, I don't leave it until after the smoking is done, burnt pucks are dumped, and bowl is replaced with a disposable 9x13 aluminum pan filled with hot water.  After that I am comfortable with a PID in charge.

Ditto!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little