Fish and meat in the same Bradley

Started by Lasse, July 08, 2005, 05:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lasse

Will I ruin my bradley if I smoke both fish and meat in the same Bradley? Not a the same time.
I mean will the meat take some of the fishy taste and vice versa?

/Lasse

manxman

Hi Lasse,

No, not at all. I use my BS to regularly smoke meat (brisket and ribs typically) and fish. (typically pollock, salmon, herring, mackerel) and there is no carryover.

As you say, not something you would do at the same time!

The important thing is to wash the racks, drip tray and water bowl thoroughly after each use (they are dishwasher safe) and clean up any food spills or major splashing in the unit itself.

If a major clean out of the smoker cabinet is required for any reason then the unit would need re-seasoning.

Keeping the vent at least partially open should avoid excess liquid condensing in the smoker itself which could also cause carryover.

Otherwise it is not a problem.

Have fun!![:D]

Manxman.
Manxman

Lasse

TnX Manx, [:D]
Couldn't resist the urge to rhyme.

Yeah, 30 minutes more and then it's a smoking vacation.

I should have realized that bacon/pastrami and stuff like that need 2-4 weeks in brine before smoking so that smoke is schedled at the end of the vacation.
I read it over and over at the recipe site and in the posts but did the information stuck? No, the brain cells that was hit by that info where made of non-stick or something similar.

Have a nice summer all of you out there.

/Lasse

manxman

Hi Lasse,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">then it's a smoking vacation.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Have a good one!![:D][:D]

Manxman.
Manxman