• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

SRF Baby

Started by slrpro02, November 28, 2010, 07:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slrpro02

Hi All
       I have 4 racks of Snake river farms Baby Backs. Has any of you smoked these? Is there any difference in the procedure? What should I expect, end results?

classicrockgriller

I know KyNola has.

I remember a lot of Ohhh's and Ahhhh's.

I think you are in for a treat.

KyNola

CRG is partially correct.  I smoked the SRF St. Louis cut ribs rather than baby backs.  You don't need to treat them any different.  Just enjoy!

slrpro02

KyNola I think you maybe a little wrong about treating these the same way. Theses BB ribs cook much faster then any I have seen. In about 2hrs 20Min's. they were a little over cooked. I took them out put them in the the fridge for 2 days to let the smoked due its magic. Then put them in the SRG, over cooked them again (185deg.). Now let me tell you I'm thoroughly disgusted with my self for ever cooking anything but these ribs, because even after all my screw ups these babybacks are to die for. Now if I don't have these BB to smoke I will feel as though I'm cheating my self. I will say this they are more than worth the money.
I put S&P to two racks, & Famous Dave's rub on the other 2. 2hrs 20Min's. smoke into the fridge 2 days then finish in the SRG. The ones with the rub were some what better. My buddy that came over was completely amazed. We each ate 1&3/4 rack. Going to give my sister that has cancer the last 1/2 rack. All I can say is try these, but you wont want the other stuff again.