• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Dip Netting 2010

Started by dbrown1, July 29, 2010, 05:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown1

Well long time no talk all, had some personal issues to deal with but am back in the groove.
Went dip netting this last week with some friends and our total fish count was 207...yeah that's what I said 207 !!
We slayed them something fierce this year, well time to get smoking.
Will update with pic's once I get started...Talk with you soon

classicrockgriller

Good to see you back.

Thought you forgot about US. ;D

Glad to hear everything is good to go now.

And that is a bunch of Fish.

DTAggie

aces-n-eights

Good to see you back, db.  We went dipnetting last week but only got 11 in a couple of hours. 

We're getting sockeye salmon, probably in the 7-8 pound range.  Nice fish.  This is what is called a "personal use fishery" and is open to Alaska residents only.  The number of fish you can take is based on 25 for the head of the household and 10 for each other family member.

We're having a record sockeye run this year.  In one day we had 82,000 sockeye pass the sonar counter one mile downstream of us.  Good day to be fishing!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

bilder

We pulled 30 out of the Kasilof this year.  Only fished for a couple tides, so it was not too bad at all.  Guys in boats were killing them this year.  I gotta get a boat!  Keep saying that every year, but one of these days it will happen.

TestRocket

207 is a mess of fish! Congrats and I bet you have lemon juice in your fridge?

rdevous

Glad to see you back.  I thought maybe you OD'd on my Toast Mix I sent you at Christmas time!!!  ;D

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

dbrown1

LOL that toast mix was AWESOME!!