• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I'm going to tick off the Puritan's Now~~~!

Started by Oldman, July 24, 2005, 06:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Flynch

Here's another sandwich idea that is great: a French Dip sandwich made with smoked and spiced brisket. Simply slice the brisket and warm it in a some French Onion Soup that is later used for the dipping of the sandwich. Hoagie buns work well for this. It is a staple at our house.

B.F.
B.F.

Oldman

I just talked with the folks with the Kobe beef... ordering two.... It has already been wet aged 3-4 weeks, and you can go another 4 weeks due to the type of fat it has. Price 2.95 per pound and there is a container for a couple of bucks more that will hold 2 briskets. It has never been frozen~~!!!!!

If you purchase 250 pounds they can air frieght it to you for $65.00 to your local airport! After I check out the two briskets I'm going to give this some consideration. That would come to $805.50 and I'm told you can freeze this type of beef up to 3 years. Seeing how I was planning on doing at least one brisket per month I like the math. I bet my family will blow through that much brisket in a little over a year.

The grading scale for this type of beef is 1-12. All of his offerings are 7 and better. Kobe beef as I understand it at a 2-3 rating is better than our best Prime grade.

I told my wife after this past steak sandwich I was off of sirlions, and strip steaks. It's going to be aged brisket all the way.

Too bad you can't use it for hamburger. Umm maybe I can take a piece and super grind it LOL!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

Olds,
When I bought my wagu brisket they had it on sale for 1.99 a lb.  Someone had told me about the sale so I called them seems like the total was 50-60 bucks with shipping and everything.  Definitely a nice hunk of meat and what htey sent me was in a cyro wrap.  I don't think the 2.45 price is bad at all.  Thanks for the link and I may oreder one here shortly[:p][:p].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

If you get two pieces with shipping to my place and package the cost of the meat when really up. From 2.95 to 5.90 per pound.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Phone Guy

Nothin' wrong with a little A1 once in a while. I mean its just spices. We make our own teriyaki sauce but we buy it premade also. Convience tastes good sometimes.[;)]

I know this discussion turned to talking about meat but I had to toss my $.02 in.

Gordon

5.90 a pound...What size did you get?  going high - $130?  Is that delivery and all?  If not, what is shipping on that?

Thanks Oldman!

Gordon

What a piece of work is man!

Oldman

Gordon,

Two pieces appox 20 pounds total were 118.00 delivered. I thought it over and at that price I can get 40 pounds here local of a choice #1 which is what I used last time.  That last piece was the best tasting beef I've had in a long time. I believe the trick is the 5 weeks I wet aged it. It may not quite have the butter nut flavoring of the Kobe, but I'm not in a hurry to go out and pay $5.90 per pound for brisket.

Olds

Gordon

I just spoke with the closest butcher (actually the girl who answered the phone, but I could hear him in the background), he said he gets both select and choice. In the background, I heard him say that they don't grade those things.  He also said that you cannot age a brisket because they are vacuum packed...

I need a new butcher.

Gordon

just found a new one, he gave me a 2.99 a pound quote on a trimmed Choice flat - that he has had since July 3. I am not sure of his refer temp, and I am doubtfull the it is the original cryo-vac, but should it still work for a good brisket - or would it be just the same if I got a Select from the supermarket?...What do you think?  

Gordon

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> heard him say that they don't grade those things.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

In my limited experiance with the local butchers of today.  Definately not like the days of old...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I heard him say that they don't grade those things. He also said that you cannot age a brisket because they are vacuum packed...

I need a new butcher.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Heh! Sounds like he needs a job at MacDonald's 3rd shift cook...  <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">In my limited experiance with the local butchers of today. Definately not like the days of old...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I had one tell me today that in 25 years he's *cough* been a professional there is only one grade of choice....

I guess that means I can go back and get the same quality meat at the supermarket as I get from him. LOL

Olds