• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Baby Backs and Boneless Turkey Breast

Started by DADAKOTA, December 30, 2010, 08:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DADAKOTA

Gonna do 2 racks of Baby backs and 2 boneless turkey breasts.  When I did my turkey breast before I kept the heat about 250.  baby backs usually about 225.  What temp should I try to maintain in the cabinet 250 or 225?  Was thinking maybe 230ish and start the smoke on the turkey first then add in the ribs.  Combo of 2 hickory to 1 apple.  3 hours total smoke on the turkey and 2 hours 20 minutes on the ribs.  Plan to foil the ribs after the smoke and then remove the foil and apply sauce the last hour.  Figure I'll start about noon and should be done before 5.  Can the ribs be FTCd?  Want to use the turkey for sandwiches so should I put the turkey in the fridge and use the slicer the next day?  Anything I am forgetting?

GusRobin

Most people avoid doing poultry and other types of meat together due to contamination issues.  If you do you should put the turkey at the bottom. Ribs can be FTCd.

You can slice the turkey the same day or the next, don't think it matters that much.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DADAKOTA

Is there that great of risk if I keep the bird on the bottom?  I could wait and smoke the turkey on New Years Day if it is.  Temp tomorrow should be in the 50s.  Temp on New Years is in the upper 20s.  Don't care to make folks sick if it is a risk.

GusRobin

I think the only concern is if the bird drips down on the other meat. Bird on the bottom should be fine.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.