Cabela's Horizontal Sausage Stuffers

Started by SL2010, January 02, 2011, 06:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF128

Quote from: Keymaster on January 02, 2011, 10:22:52 AM
I have the Lem 5# vertical Stuffer and am very satisfied. Cleans up real easy and no Leaks. When they say 5# they mean 5# if you go over a 1/4 pound it will be squishin out the top. A five pound batch of sausages is actually a lot for the wife and I. You can get the Lem at Meatprocessingproducts.com and use there 10% off Coupon code MPP2010.
I've got the 5 lb LEm and have yet to get 5 lbs into it.    I make my sausage in 5lb batches and maybe get 3 1/2 lbs into it at once.   It's not a problem for me 'cause it reloads easy.

RAF128

Quote from: SL2010 on January 02, 2011, 06:32:32 AM
I found this 10 pound stuffer on sale was wondering if its a good piece equipment

I've seen some horizontal stuffers that are good and some that I wouldn't give a nickle for.   I had one of the latter.    It was geared way to high and worked for the bigger tubes like for summer sausage but no one I know could turn the handle to push the meat through the small tube for sticks.  One revelution of the handle moved the plunger 1//2 way down the stuffer.   I wouldn't buy a horizontal on line unseen.   To be on the safe side stick with the vertical.

SL2010

that sounds really good plus my grinder does a real good job stuffing i just wanted more toys

goblism

talk to pikeman, his horizontal stuffers look like they would be pretty good, hoping to make one of his stuffers in the 6" size for the big loads of meat.

SL2010

I spoke to pikeman today on the phone for bit and i am gonna get the stuffer from him he is in the process of getting the price list together what is really cool i only need to buy the machined pieces from him and then i get  the rest from home depot or Lowe's

BigJohnT

Looks like pikeman had done all the R&D on them well and if I didn't already have a 11lb vertical I would build one of his designs.

John

pikeman_95

Forum members

I ran the 6" stuffer through different test yesterday. This includes a full pressure test and checking the piston retraction system. ever thing worked well. The new base design will hold a 4" stuffer tube and a 6" stuffer tube. The change over time is about a minute and 1/2 . You can go from a small stuffer for small jobs to a large 25 or more stuffer using the same base and control system. To make different size stuffers that apply to the batch sizes that you like to do, just make the stuffer tubes in lengths that you want. I have started making the machined parts that would be difficult for an individual to make but most of the other parts can be purchased from home depot. I have my plastic supplier working up some prices for the base plastic that I use. Give me a few days to get these together and then I will let every one know. Some might need more help to be built some parts then others. You only need to get from me the parts that you can't make or buy. I do not intend to make complete stuffers as the shipping and freight can just run up the price. The control plumbing is simple to build and the attachments to your sink water supply are up to the individual. I will make some suggestions but everyones water supply situation will be different.

Here is a picture of the 4"  6 pound stuffer on a wood base.

Here is the 6" and 25 pound stuffer on a plastic base in the same configuration.

For those that have some interst drop me a private line.

Kirby