• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoking fish and other produces in the same smoker

Started by Scubastu, April 01, 2011, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scubastu

I have heard from some other people not to smoke fish in the same smoker as all else. He said that everything ends up with a fish smell.
Any thoughts?

THanks

Tenpoint5

Then he is doing something wrong. There are numerous folks here on the forum that smoke fish and just about anything else that can be eaten in our smokers. With NO ill effects of flavor transfer or carry over.

BTW Welcome Aboard. Come on in and look around. Don't be afraid to ask questions never a stupid question around here. Besides Kynola and classicrockgriller have already asked all of the stupid questions. So your free to have a good time and ask anything.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 01, 2011, 04:47:19 PM
Then he is doing something wrong. There are numerous folks here on the forum that smoke fish and just about anything else that can be eaten in our smokers. With NO ill effects of flavor transfer or carry over.

Ditto!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Jim O

I frequently do fish and pork tenderloin at the same time - no problem !

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

DisplacedCoonass

I can guarantee that every time I fire up the smoker I'll be placing a large white onion in there with anything else.  Smoked onion is absolutely delicious!

smoker pete

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on April 03, 2011, 05:07:29 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 01, 2011, 04:47:19 PM

Ditto!!

x3 ...

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl