• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Carolina treet

Started by kinyo, April 13, 2011, 04:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinyo

I'm planning on smoking chicken drumsticks this weekend and I want to try the bottle of Carolina Treet that i got from Mikeradio with the Christmas exchange.

I have never used CT before. I know that it is a cooking sauce.

But how you guys use it? Do you marinate the meat in CT for 24h before & rub with spices before puting the meat in the smoker. Do you rub before?

Your suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Kinyo 

bears fan

I think you can do whatever you want, but I just put it on right before I smoke the chicken.

Smokin Soon

You should try it on it's own at first and go from there. I like some chicken thighs done in a mix of Head Country Rub and CT. I do not really marinate, but mix up the CT and Rub, put in ziploc and shake 'em up so everything is coated and into the fridge for the night. It's good for lot's of stuff.

FLBentRider

I put the chicken and the some CT in a zip bag for an overnight rest, then add some rub and smoke.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

I paint the CT on the chicken parts, dust with rub and place them on the rack and let sit at room temp wile the smoker warms up to 250 F then smoke for 2 hr and finish in TBE or the grill to crisp up the skin.

NePaSmoKer

I just take a big drink then a bite...repeat

smoker pete

Quote from: OU812 on April 14, 2011, 08:16:04 AM
I paint the CT on the chicken parts, dust with rub and place them on the rack and let sit at room temp wile the smoker warms up to 250 F then smoke for 2 hr and finish in TBE or the grill to crisp up the skin.

I concur with Curt for chicken but for something like pulled pork I slather the pork with CT, apply liberal amount of rub, wrap in plastic and fridge overnight.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Rudyfo

Where can I purchase some of this fine stuff?

SoCalBuilder