My Bradley Puck Storage Solution

Started by muebe, July 30, 2011, 01:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Oo Oo I just had another thought. You can probably get some of that clear plastic tube from a craft store that chocolate makers use. It is very thin walled. It would allow you to see your peep hole also and yet not let moisture out.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

muebe

Quote from: Quarlow on July 31, 2011, 09:30:20 AM
Oo Oo I just had another thought. You can probably get some of that clear plastic tube from a craft store that chocolate makers use. It is very thin walled. It would allow you to see your peep hole also and yet not let moisture out.

Actually... I found that clear scotch tape worked well for that 8)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: muebe on July 31, 2011, 09:24:28 AM
Quote from: Quarlow on July 31, 2011, 09:12:00 AM
If you could find a peice of pipe or even cardboard tube or something that fits nicely over the outside of your plastic pipe, you could cut a peice say 3 inches long, slide it on and it could act like a door to help control the drying out problem. Then when you want some pucks just slide it up to open your slot and then slide it back down when done. Just a thought.

That is a good idea...

I had considered making a hinged cover using a halved piece of pipe also... but I am out of pipe to use ::)

If I make another run to Lowe's the cashier might make that phone call :D

If you see big black SUV'S parked around then you know sumpn up  :D

Quarlow

I am watching (ask this old house) and they are doing some plumbing. Gave me an idea of using copper pipe and then polish it up. It would make a real classy model. If you can get the right size copper pipe.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

muebe

Quote from: Quarlow on July 31, 2011, 10:14:51 AM
I am watching (ask this old house) and they are doing some plumbing. Gave me an idea of using copper pipe and then polish it up. It would make a real classy model. If you can get the right size copper pipe.

Do they make 2 1/2 inch copper? I imagine that would look nice but that would be one expensive stick of pipe :o

Originally I wanted to do clear plastic tubing but could not locate any at my local Lowe's so I just settled with the conduit. I would think that 2 1/2 inch clear plastic tubing might be quite expensive also..
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Keymaster

ccfdmike

Brilliant! Thanks for the great idea

standles

muebe

Quote from: standles on July 31, 2011, 06:20:01 PM
No 2.5 inch but here is some 3inch for you
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MUELLER-Tube-4WTK3?Pid=search
:o

A 10ft stick is only $379.50 and that will make six canisters...sounds like a bargain :D

Quarlow

yowch. Ah great idea using the conduit muebe.  :D :D :D

OBS
BBQ

La Quinta

Right...um...I keep mine in the laundry room cabinets in Ziploc bags...with the card to tell me what flavor they are....but you boys will be boys..... ???    :D

rdevous

Quote from: muebe on July 31, 2011, 06:24:36 PM
A 10ft stick is only $379.50 and that will make six canisters...sounds like a bargain :D

6 works out to be ONLY $63.25 each.........plus tax, tag, title and Never Dull...........now if you buy the pipe at wholesale and truckload price and with storage, labor, shipping and handling.....also remembering to include the cost of refrigerator to cool "adult beverage of choice"......OH YEA, a web site to advertise and sell online to the masses......(forum members will be given a discount code to use when they attain Full Membership or higher!)   ;D :o ::)

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

NePaSmoKer