My Bradley Puck Storage Solution

Started by muebe, July 30, 2011, 01:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

So I decided to make some tubes that hold the Bradley pucks for storage and retrieval. I went to the local Lowe's and bought a 10 ft stick of 2 1/2 inch electrical conduit, some test end caps, and some weed killer. The cashier had a strange look on her face and reluctantly asked me "What are your making?"...I then realized it looked like I had parts to make a bomb :D So I pulled a reference puck out of my pocket and showed her what I was making. She looked more calm after I told her ;D

The tubes are notched at the bottom so that you can remove one puck at a time then the next puck drops down. Each tube can hold 30 pucks and I got six from a 10ft stick. I also drilled a inspection hole to see when there are 6 or less pucks left. I plan on wall mounting them in my shed ;D

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

Nice idea. Are you going to build a rack to place them on and maybe hang them off a wall.   ;D
Mike

NewB No.CA

That's a great idea.  I think I will try that myself :)

GusRobin

thats great. It never ceasesto amaze me with the creative stuff people come up with on this forum.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ghost9mm

Looks like a good idea, and not alot of expense either...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

GusRobin

kept reading trying to figure what the weed killer had to do with this ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SouthernSmoked

very clever...puck dispensers!!!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

rdevous

The smart a$$ in me would have told her..."Apparently nothing since you don't have the 4 wire digital smoke timer I need!....you only carry the 3 wire model."  LOL

...........What?.....like YOU'VE never been banned from a store for life!!!   ::)

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

Tenpoint5

Question!!

Why wouldn't you make the notch larger so you could grab 3 pucks at a time like you would if you was pulling them out of the package? Just curious and half asleep
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

muebe

Quote from: rdevous on July 31, 2011, 03:46:09 AM

The smart a$$ in me would have told her..."Apparently nothing since you don't have the 4 wire digital smoke timer I need!....you only carry the 3 wire model."  LOL

...........What?.....like YOU'VE never been banned from a store for life!!!   ::)

Ray

Ha Ha :D

Problem was I had used my debit card to pay. The last thing I needed was the ATF or Homeland Security show up to my house. "SIR! Put down the wood pucks and hand over the smoked food!" :D :D :D ;D
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

muebe

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 31, 2011, 06:22:13 AM
Question!!

Why wouldn't you make the notch larger so you could grab 3 pucks at a time like you would if you was pulling them out of the package? Just curious and half asleep

Good question Chris...

I wanted to keep the pucks as sealed as possible so they do not completely dry out and crumble or absorb moisture. This way there is less air that can get to the pucks. And sometimes you just need one puck of each wood flavor ;)

Mr Walleye

Quote from: muebe on July 31, 2011, 06:34:35 AM
"SIR! Put down the wood pucks and hand over the smoked food!" :D :D :D ;D

Worse then that is when they "snap" on the rubber gloves and tell you to "assume the position"!  :o  :o  :o

Awesome job on the puck storage tubes Muebe!

Great ingenuity!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 31, 2011, 06:22:13 AM
Question!!

Bout the same thing i was thinkin.

Good idea muebe  ;D

Quarlow

If you could find a peice of pipe or even cardboard tube or something that fits nicely over the outside of your plastic pipe, you could cut a peice say 3 inches long, slide it on and it could act like a door to help control the drying out problem. Then when you want some pucks just slide it up to open your slot and then slide it back down when done. Just a thought.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

muebe

Quote from: Quarlow on July 31, 2011, 09:12:00 AM
If you could find a peice of pipe or even cardboard tube or something that fits nicely over the outside of your plastic pipe, you could cut a peice say 3 inches long, slide it on and it could act like a door to help control the drying out problem. Then when you want some pucks just slide it up to open your slot and then slide it back down when done. Just a thought.

That is a good idea...

I had considered making a hinged cover using a halved piece of pipe also... but I am out of pipe to use ::)

If I make another run to Lowe's the cashier might make that phone call :D