• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cabelas Summer Sausage -25 pounds

Started by Tater, November 15, 2011, 10:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tater

I used 2.5 inch casings this time but I have used 3 inch casings as well.  I prefer the 3 inch casings for this type of sausage.

viper125

That looks very nice!  We don't know locations because for some strange reason people don't fill in their profiles. I for one wish it was mandatory when you log on. Just to know where people are from is interesting. I was wondering if you have seen the recipe site? If not I will include link at the bottom. I have found I like to mix my own. Than you can change it to whatever you like. Plus for us poor country boys it is a lot cheaper.
Keep up the good work.

Bradley Recipe Site:
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes&s=24fcd812d68528455223a95af8124ffc
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Tater

Viper 125,
Thank you for the link, I have actually spent a great deal of time there learning and getting hungry looking at all the great recipes.  Like you, I like to mix my own but am fairly new new at making smoked sausages and I did not understand about curing salts and the curing process.  Thanks to this forum I am now confident that I won't kill anyone if I mix my own and will do so from now on.
Tim

smokeNcanuck

Really nice looking SS!!  Great stuffing job, nice and tight!
I gotta get me a batch going.
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

classicrockgriller

Quote from: smokeNcanuck on November 16, 2011, 05:34:26 PM
Really nice looking SS!!  Great stuffing job, nice and tight!

X2 ............... Great Job!

pikeman_95

Great Job Tater. That is very good looking ss. If you come down to Missoula bring a small sample and we will trade samples. I like to try others efforts.
You made a good looking batch for the first time. Are you a hunter? You live in some good hunting country.
I think we have 5 members in Montana. I am glad some are starting to join. Lon [MTFiddler]  came over tonight and brought some pork that we had his dad pick up in Butte. I went ahead and ground the pork and put it away in the freezer. He gave me a sample of the peperoni that he made. I thought it was great but I haven't eaten  too much as I want to try it on a Pizza.

Tater

I'm not much of a hunter these days.  My wife and I taught our boys to hunt from the time they could take hunter's safety.  They learned well and fill every tag they can get their hands on.  I process all the meat they bring home for a share of it.  I pretty much quit hunting the year they brought home a moose, an elk, 4 deer and 5 antelope.  That was a lot of work!