• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Need Help on Jerky Equipment

Started by Thomas DeWitt, November 30, 2011, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas DeWitt

Hello,  I like to go at things to the max.  Anyway, I want to make jerky, but I want it to by easy on me.  So I already bought a Bradely, Auber, and a Cabella Dehydrator.  Now I am trying to make some decisions.

Should I buy a 1HP Cabella Grinder with the Jerky Slicer.  Do I need more power than 1 HP for overall use.

SHould I buy a Slicer.  I am looking at the Edgecraft 610.

Should I but the Weston Jerky Gun.

I like to buy the best equipment so that I don't have to mess around and work too hard.  Would these be good choices.  I want to make Whole Meat Jerky and Ground Beef Jerky.  Any other items I need.  I am trying to buy a Reveo Marinator as well.  Have one on order but not sure it is coming.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.
Spent many years home brewing.  Now taking my passion to Smoking and Barbequing.

pikeman_95

T D

Here is a link on the ground beef jerky. If you buy very lean burger you can skip the extraction process. You will want as little fat in your jerky as possible. This particular batch turned out great. After the extraction process I figure I had 12 pounds of meat out of 15 pounds. The ration that I used was 3.3 oz per pound of meat. 1 tsp  of crushed pepper / pound of meat  this will be a little hot and 1 tsp cure #1 / 5pounds of meat.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=25768.0

Kirby

pensrock

NEPAs has the 1/2 HP Cabelas grinder with the jerky cutter. Seems to work real well for him.