• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First bacon attempt

Started by Water101, December 10, 2011, 12:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelG

Crazy , did I say crazy!  Way to go.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

MidKnightRider

"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

ArnieM

That looks really good.  Nice job!  I can almost taste it.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Water101

The bacon turned out really well. The flavor is a little strong from a smoke stand point. I think next time I'll use Hickory and maple instead of Mesquite or just maple or apple something a little lighter in flavor. I think this bacon wold be great for baked beans or wrapped around a Fillet steak. The cure was great, nice amount of salt.

Water

SiFumar

Beautiful looking bacon!  Mesquite is a strong wood.(for bacon or pork products)  My preference is Hickory, apple maple.

devo

Looks awesome. When I did my bacon I used 3 hours of Maple and found it to light on the smoke flavor but I like lots of smoke flavor. You might find it will mellow over time just like cheese does.

Tater

Wow, you've tipped me right over the edge.  I'll be makin' bacon soon.  That's an ambitious project for the first time.  Looks great!

ArnieM

The bacon looks great!  My personal choice of wood is hickory, apple, maple.  The hickory is good in general and for savory bacon.  I like the apple or maple for sweeter bacon.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Water101

Thanks, I like the Strong smoke flavor but the better half likes it a little more mild so I'll keep this batch for me and make another one soon using the same recipe just use maple or apple or even hickory. Thanks for all the input.

jiggerjams

Good looking stuff senior Joe!! How long was the extension cord you were using for the cook?

watchdog56