• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ramen noodles and Instant Gourmet

Started by TMB, January 30, 2012, 06:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisplacedCoonass

Coincidence that I stumbled across this on Pinterest just two days ago.  Warning, you may not want to watch if you REALLY love Ramen or have a weak stomach.

Ramen Digestion

It's certainly interesting.  Not sure how much I believe their hype by plausible none the less.  After watching it, I put the pack of Ramen I was going to use for my work week Asian salad back in the cabinet and used some whole wheat vermicelli instead.  Doubt it's any better but at least I mentally felt better about it.

Wildcat

;D Looks like the intestines are simply savoring the noodles to me.  :D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Jim O on January 31, 2012, 08:44:55 AM
Never came across them in Canada. Are they a US "thing" ?

Jim O

Jim

I can't believe you haven't seem them before. Here in Saskatchewan they are everywhere. When I was younger I ate a ton of them. You can buy the instant noodles at Co-ops, Safeway, Sobeys, SuperStore, etc. Although the name "Ramen" is probably a US thing. The names I see here are Mr. Noodle, Ichiban and of course the No-Name brand from SuperStore.

A question for you... Where did you find Dawn Power Dissolve here in Canada? I've looked all over for that stuff.

I just read in another thread about using Oxy Clean and I may have to give that a try as well.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Jim O

Mike

My wife was shopping in Buffalo and brought me back a couple of cans of Dawn.to try. Works great!

As for the noodles,I'll try the local Superstore.

Thanks

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

TMB

Quote from: DisplacedCoonass on February 12, 2012, 10:27:10 PM
Coincidence that I stumbled across this on Pinterest just two days ago.  Warning, you may not want to watch if you REALLY love Ramen or have a weak stomach.

Ramen Digestion

It's certainly interesting.  Not sure how much I believe their hype by plausible none the less.  After watching it, I put the pack of Ramen I was going to use for my work week Asian salad back in the cabinet and used some whole wheat vermicelli instead.  Doubt it's any better but at least I mentally felt better about it.
I think I'll pass on looking this video over, I like the noodles to much and I  if I seen something that looks bad it will change my thinking on them and I don't want that.   :) 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Tiny Tim

Quote from: TMB on February 13, 2012, 07:54:12 AM
Quote from: DisplacedCoonass on February 12, 2012, 10:27:10 PM

Ramen Digestion

I think I'll pass on looking this video over, I like the noodles to much and I  if I seen something that looks bad it will change my thinking on them and I don't want that.   :)

Video is nothing more than just another scare tactic to try to get people not to eat yummy stuff like Ramen, McNuggets, Jello, marshmallows, etc.  Me?  I figure I'm gonna die of something anyway, might as well enjoy what I eat.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Mr Walleye on February 13, 2012, 05:00:25 AM
......Although the name "Ramen" is probably a US thing. The names I see here are Mr. Noodle, Ichiban and of course the No-Name brand from SuperStore.

Mike

My first taste of ramen was while I was stationed in S. Korea; and it is called ramen there. It is originally a product of Japan. Ramen is the generic name for this type of instant noodles.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 13, 2012, 12:54:37 PM
Quote from: Mr Walleye on February 13, 2012, 05:00:25 AM
......Although the name "Ramen" is probably a US thing. The names I see here are Mr. Noodle, Ichiban and of course the No-Name brand from SuperStore.

Mike

My first taste of ramen was while I was stationed in S. Korea; and it is called ramen there. It is originally a product of Japan. Ramen is the generic name for this type of instant noodles.

Habs

Your absolutely correct.  ;)

I did a little search and found all kinds of interesting numbers.... Looks like they arrived in the USA about 1971 and in Canada around 1980.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_noodles

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes