• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ramen noodles and Instant Gourmet

Started by TMB, January 30, 2012, 06:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

After a hard day a work today I thought I'd make ramen noodles but with a twist

First I dry fried a skinless chicken breast with Instant Gourmet seasoning on it.

Here is the chicken breast with the Instant Gourmet and a little water to deglaze to pan

Next drain the liquid from the pan and add it to the ramen noodles that are cooked half way so they can pick up the flavor

Next brown the chicken in the pan when you remove the liquid and cut it up then once brown mix it with the noodles and sauce you made from the pan and add a little more Instant Gourmet (1 tbs) mix it up in the pan then serve

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

SnellySmokesEm

I LOVE RAMEN NOODLES!  There are so many different ways to make 'em!

Here's some more ideas

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=25959.0
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

squirtthecat

Looks great!   I think I saw those at the store for like 12 cents a bag yesterday...

OU812

Your dinner looks great Tommy.

We buy Ramen noodles by the case.  ;D

I like to add Gun Powder to them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good stuff.

TMB

Instant Gourmet is now on Kimmie's "HIT" list for seasoings.   It's so good on noodles and pasta I don't think she will let me use it on meat....  ;)

NePaSmoKer

Jim O

Never came across them in Canada. Are they a US "thing" ?

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

TMB

Quote from: Jim O on January 31, 2012, 08:44:55 AM

Jim O
I don't know I thought they were everywhere even in the Great White North  ;D

Do you have a Wal-Mart in you town?  That's where I get mine and they run about 12 to 15 cents per pack..

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Jim O on January 31, 2012, 08:44:55 AM

Jim O
They sell those everywhere in Texas. I have a niece and nephew that like to eat the noodles right out of the bag. NO COOKING  :o
Mike

Jim O

I'll give Wal-mart a try. Some of the things they carry in the US aren't sold in Canada.Had an awful time trying to get Dawn Power Cleaner to do my grills.

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Jim O on January 31, 2012, 10:15:10 AM
I'll give Wal-mart a try. Some of the things they carry in the US aren't sold in Canada.Had an awful time trying to get Dawn Power Cleaner to do my grills.

Jim O
That would be a good choice. I know they carry it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Jim O on January 31, 2012, 10:15:10 AM

Jim O

If you have a Sam's Club up there, check that out, you have to buy by the case. Even if you are not a member, the extra 10% charge you should still be saving. The ones in my area usually carries them.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tiny Tim

Always on the lookout for something cheap, since I live on a very low fixed income at the moment, this thread got me to pick up a few packages of the Ramen noodles.  I had had them before, but made them according to the package directions, and I'm not a big fan of lots of liquid in soups (when I have a can of Cambell's Chicken Noodle, I don't add water, and put enough crackers in to soak up most of the liquid that is there).  This time, I prepared them by boiling some water, dumping the seasoning packet in while the water was heating, then tossed the noodles in for a while, without breaking the biscuit apart.  Affter a few minutes I drained them well, and plated with a slice of ham.  Man, WHERE HAS THAT BEEN ALL MY LIFE? :D

Next time, I may top with some cheese, either sauce or shreds, but they don't need much else.

TMB

Quote from: Tiny Tim on February 12, 2012, 03:07:54 PM
Always on the lookout for something cheap, since I live on a very low fixed income at the moment, this thread got me to pick up a few packages of the Ramen noodles.  I had had them before, but made them according to the package directions, and I'm not a big fan of lots of liquid in soups (when I have a can of Cambell's Chicken Noodle, I don't add water, and put enough crackers in to soak up most of the liquid that is there).  This time, I prepared them by boiling some water, dumping the seasoning packet in while the water was heating, then tossed the noodles in for a while, without breaking the biscuit apart.  Affter a few minutes I drained them well, and plated with a slice of ham.  Man, WHERE HAS THAT BEEN ALL MY LIFE? :D

Next time, I may top with some cheese, either sauce or shreds, but they don't need much else.
One thing about them is you can always do something with them.

MidKnightRider

"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist