• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Good news and Bad news!!!!

Started by viper125, February 23, 2012, 04:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

"dog turds"  lmao   I about spit my mountain dew all over my computer screen.....   8)
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Sailor

I have done loads of dogs and kielbasa in my roster giving a hot bath and ain't never got a "dog turd" looking sausage. I'm with NEPAS on this,  Looks like the stuffing was not too tight.  As has been said here.  The roaster will have different temps on top and bottom.  Have to stir it.  Try to keep it at 160 F.  Got to watch the IT once it starts to rise as it goes pretty quick.  If the water temp is at 160 you don't have to worry about getting a fat out.  When I hot water my kielbasa using the cellulose casings I will get some fat deposits between the casing and meat but it washes of just fine.

I could think of plenty of things to do with a sausage that looks like a dog turd that would freak people out (evil grin). If you ever figure out how you got a sausage to look like that please let me know.  I have something in mind  :o

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

viper125

Well I Packed them tight enough one blew on me. But we'll try another batch tomorrow or next day depending on meat thawing. This time a beef and pork mix and 5 lbs worth. I will pack tight and heat slowly. I'm going to crack this nut.
But on the bright side. I ate one today and it wasn't half bad. Not to dry but little grease. I think its about twice the salt I want but all the other spices tasted right on. I have no problems what so ever smoking. But I think on the water baths I get in a hurry and dont hold the temp down long enough. So wish me experience because I don't believe in luck! You make your own. LOL

By the way recieved my book today! The art of Making Fermented sausages. Looks like a lot of good info.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.