• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Now Playing!!!

Started by jaeger, February 26, 2006, 03:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeger

<font size="6"><font color="blue">"Mandarin Teriyaki Turkey Jerky from the High Mountain"</font id="blue"></font id="size6">
<font size="4">with: Jim Zumbo</font id="size4">
<font size="5"><font color="red">Starring: Tom</font id="red"></font id="size5">the turkey
<font size="5"><font color="red">Co starring: Allison</font id="red"></font id="size5">taste tester/critic
<font size="4">Directed by : jaeger</font id="size4">
<font size="4">Producer: Shelley</font id="size4">
<font size="3">Arriving: Monday @ a Smoker near me!!!</font id="size3">

[:D][:D][:D]

<font size="2"><b>Doug</b></font id="size2">

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

jaeger i tried the apple turkey cure from HM  came out very salty. try a test test for me.  take a few strips before you put in smoker rinse of with water and add some peper then when it comes out of smoker do a test taste let me know how it came out.

jaeger

Will do Smokehouse Rob!

owrstrich

yourn knife appears to be a little dull there jaeger...

i would like to suggest the 20 piece miracle knife set with lifetime warranty from home shopping for $19.95...

your welcome...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

jaeger

Actually,
I picked this knife up at a garage sale last summer for $5.00. The leather case had a small black stain on it. I guess it wasn't purdy anymore.[:D]   .......they failed to mention a lifetime warranty though I think it already reached it's first lifetime warranty.

jaeger

Smokehouse Rob,
I tried your suggestion with the rinse and adding black pepper.
First of all, I agree with you, the high mountain does seem to get to salty at times. Whenever I measure out the seasoning exactly to the batch size, it seems like I always have a lot left over. This time I did use the whole recommended amount and it did not seem to salty. The teriyaki flavor was kind of mild so the pepper kind of over powered that flavor a little. I don't think this seasoning needed the rinse. It was good and I could really taste the nice apple smoke flavor. What I like when it comes to High Mountain, is the ease of use. Your teriyaki recipe is still better, Thanks Again!!!
Here is a picture of the finished product. It took about 3 1/2 hours with the temp below 200F.