Just joined the club

Started by Malc C, June 29, 2012, 10:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc C

Hi Guys,

I've juts got home and set up our Bradley Original smoker, currently running through the 3 bisquetts as part of the seasoning process - Hopefully the weekend will stay dry enough so we can smoke our first joint of pork :)

Going to spend the hour or so whilst it runs through the seasoning process reading up on posts on the forum

TedEbear

Welcome to the club.  Where ya from?

Malc C

I Live in the county of Hertfordshire in the UK.

Quick question.  Can these smokers be used to preserve meats via the smoking process (or am I confusing that with some curing process ?)

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

TedEbear

Quote from: Malc C on June 29, 2012, 10:46:01 AMQuick question.  Can these smokers be used to preserve meats via the smoking process (or am I confusing that with some curing process ?)

I've never used my Bradley for that.  However, there's a Curing section of the forum that might have some threads of interest about this.

SiFumar

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Malc C

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on June 30, 2012, 04:11:13 AM

Remember we like pic's!!

How's this for starters.... as you can see the Bradley forms part of our "outdoor kitchen" :)

Malc C

Well, here's the first attempt... the ham still needs a few hours, but the turkey was so juicy and tasty, and that was without any marinade or rub !

rcger

Wow!  That looks delicious.  Thanks for sharing your pictures.  Welcome to the forum.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

slowpoke

Great lookin food.You know that new Bradley,deserves to be on that top shelf,so all your neighbours can enjoy the smell too.LOL ;D
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Smoker John

The food looks great & the smoker is a nice fit in your yard, welcome
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

TedEbear

Quote from: Malc C on June 30, 2012, 10:42:10 AM

How's this for starters.... as you can see the Bradley forms part of our "outdoor kitchen" :)

Looks nice.  Does it stay out there all the time?  It doesn't look like it would be protected from the rain very well.

Malc C

Quote from: TedEbear on July 03, 2012, 04:46:49 AM

Looks nice.  Does it stay out there all the time?  It doesn't look like it would be protected from the rain very well.

No, it's kept in a shed when not in use. 

Thanks guys for all the compliments.