• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

pork butt

Started by mez, May 20, 2012, 10:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikecorn.1

I am interested in this also. I missed it earlier. My butts usually take a lot longer than that and at 225*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Consooger

my recent 7.5 butt started at 11:00 pm and did not get done until 3 pm that was a blast at 225-235 regarding the wind and temp swing. if my math shows correct thats 17 hours......and it came out perfect....tell me where to get butts that cook that way and I will buy some!  :P

- Sugar
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

TedEbear

Quote from: destrouk on May 22, 2012, 01:49:34 PMwow odd mine 12 hours at 200 and its done Bone in ( not sure if that makes a diff to cooking times )

Wow - that was a turbo butt.   ;D  My recent 8 lb butts with bone took 12-16 hours at 220*F and an IT of 190.  I would think a 10 lb butt cooking at a lower temp would usually take even longer.

Kahunas

Wow - that was a turbo butt.   ;D  My recent 8 lb butts with bone took 12-16 hours at 220*F and an IT of 190.  I would think a 10 lb butt cooking at a lower temp would usually take even longer.
[/quote]

My butts can take that long or even longer some times. Not sure if I have ever had a big one go 12 hours even at 225.
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

destrouk

Sorry guys been away ... Mine hits the IT I have no extra eliments or anything and pulls apart great !!!!!