• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Brisket Help

Started by Piker, August 07, 2013, 10:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Quote from: fahmain on August 19, 2013, 05:50:12 PM
Ya I'll give it a shot. I aim to eat around 7:00pm. What time do u guys think I should start to cook/smoke it? And sorry what's FTC?

FTC is wrapping in Foil, then Towels and then into a cooler for depending on who you talk to 2-4 hours it allows the juices to redistribute prior to cutting, you can add a little beef broth to brisket or apple juice to pork butt. As for time if you want to eat at a certain time start earlier than you think it will take and use the FTC to keep warm if it finishes early. Go by IT(internal temp) not time with brisket and shoulders, never having cooked a 1 lb brisket I don't have any idea how long it will take. Be sure to read up on the stall that occurs usually between 150-165/170 and don't panic when that happens just keep an eye on it and it will start to rise again when it's ready.

Hot water in the puck bowl and keep your vent open, keep your vent open and keep your vent open. :)

Snoopy

Just incase anyone forgot to mention...keep your vent open

couldn't resist ;)

fahmain

haha okay thanks. I'll let you guys know how it turns out and if I ended up ordering a pizza for dinner lol

Saber 4

Quote from: fahmain on August 20, 2013, 04:21:09 AM
haha okay thanks. I'll let you guys know how it turns out and if I ended up ordering a pizza for dinner lol

no need for pizza if it's dry just chop it up and mix some bbq sauce and make chopped beef sandwiches, there's always a way to salvage most any problem. :)