• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bradley BS611 Newbie

Started by smokerator, October 13, 2013, 07:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Spritz will help. Also, I have found that after the meat has cooled and sliced, pulled, etc., if you wrap in some type of cling wrap and place in fridge overnight, the smoke flavor will have more of a chance to penetrate the meat. If you do pulled pork, take the bark and finely chop and then mix into the pulled pork.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Saber 4

Another thought is that I have been advised to pull my pork loins at 140-145, I usually pull at about 142 and it's always done, moist and plenty smoky

Indy Smoker

Welcome to the family !!
I always rub the night before and wrap in plastic wrap and fridge overnight.
For pork I cook to an it of 190 then FTC (foil-towel-cooler) wrap in foil wrap in a towel and place in a dry cooler. I have left in the cooler for 5 hours and still burn my fingers when pulling.
I also have added a pan if pork and beans under the butts to collect drippings and this adds awesome flavor from the rub.
The bark is the cooked rub on the outside which has tremendous flavor. I also fine chop this and add to the pulled finished product for additional flavor.
Surprised on your cook times. I always do 2 at a time and it takes 24-26 hours total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free