• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Venison

Started by Cheech, December 26, 2013, 04:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheech

I've been hunting, killing, processing, and cooking deer for over 20 years.  I have cooked a LOT of venison in my life.  I thought I was pretty good at it too. 

Yesterday I got a BDS (6 rack) and decided to cook a few chickens as a shake-down of the new gear.  As an afterthought I recalled that i had two venison tenderloin in the fridge from an animal we took on Monday. 

I dropped them in some italian dressing for two hours, wrapped them in bacon, then threw them on the top rack of the BDS for 2.5 hours of maple smoke. 

I brought them in and told the wife and my son that we'd try them to see if they were any good.  The result blew...me...away.  I have never...in my LIFE...had ANY piece of meat that delicious.  The texture alone was miraculous.  I've always heard the cliche that something "melted in your mouth"...but I'd never experienced it.  I've eaten at a lot of very expensive restaurants...the best steak houses in the country...and nothing has ever come close. 

This is the FIRST thing to ever come off my BDS...and it was the best thing I've ever eaten in my life.  I could kick myself for all the times I thought about buying a Bradley but didn't do it.  That is YEARS worth of eating I missed out on.  Oh the horror. 

tailfeathers

Get a pork loin, cure it and make you some Canadian bacon out of it. Game over. I'm so frickin hooked on this dang smoker I hardly have time to fish anymore!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Cheech

Quote from: tailfeathers on December 26, 2013, 05:22:21 PM
I'm so frickin hooked on this dang smoker I hardly have time to fish anymore!!!

Dude I know where you're coming from.  I was thinking today that I need to split my time up the rest of the year between hunting and cooking.  Usually it's non-stop hunting til the end of the season...but man...this smoker opens up a whole new world of flavor.

Jkwellborn

Sounds good. I always fry my venison. I'm gonna get a pork loin and stuff it with cream cheese and jalapeƱo. Then wrap with bacon. Saw it on another sight and it look awesome.

Tenpoint5

Venison backstrap Canadian Bacon is blow your mind good as well!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

QuoteVenison backstrap Canadian Bacon is blow your mind good as well!
You are so right Chris. I made bacon out of venison back straps years ago and they were fantastic.

Jkwellborn

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 01, 2014, 05:21:36 AM

If I can put a deer on the ground I may give that a try.

Thompsoncentre

How do you make bacon from a tenderloin?

Saber 4

Quote from: Thompsoncentre on January 01, 2014, 12:36:56 PM
How do you make bacon from a tenderloin?

Cure and smoke it just like you would a pork loin when you make Canadian Bacon, I have used 10.5's maple bacon cure and Habs Canadian Bacon cure to make CB and they are both great.

ragweed

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 01, 2014, 05:21:36 AM

Wow!  Great idea.  I'm sure glad I didn't cut the loins as steak this year.  Definitely gonna try this soon.