• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New member from Texas

Started by roberttownsend, August 07, 2014, 10:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Quote from: roberttownsend on August 08, 2014, 08:14:09 PM
Quote from: Saber 4 on August 08, 2014, 05:11:22 AM
Howdy from a North Texas Robert, where in Texas are you? I'm in Kemp southeast of Dallas.

Hi Saber 4, I am in Spring, just north of Houston.

Went to school in Spring from 75-78 Wuensche Middle School, back in the days when the Goodyear Blimp was out on the highway, it sure has changed a lot since then.

roberttownsend

Quote from: TedEbear on August 08, 2014, 04:40:54 AM
Welcome aboard from St. Louis, Robert.  Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET733

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

It sounds like you're hitting the ground running with a lot of things to smoke this weekend.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

I had my first cook today. It went mostly very well but I also make a few mistakes and hopefully learned something.

Where is the appropriate place to post pics and discuss? It is in the Bradley model section for my smoker or elsewhere?

Thanks,

Robert

TedEbear

Quote from: roberttownsend on August 09, 2014, 05:28:39 PM

I had my first cook today. It went mostly very well but I also make a few mistakes and hopefully learned something.

Where is the appropriate place to post pics and discuss? It is in the Bradley model section for my smoker or elsewhere?

Thanks,

Robert

If it was a problem related to the smoker you might try the section for your particular model.  If it was a problem with a specific food you might try posting in the meat, poultry, fish, etc., section.

Of course, you can always post it in this thread and I'm sure people will be glad to offer advice.   :)