• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New member from Texas

Started by roberttownsend, August 07, 2014, 10:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberttownsend

Hello all,

My Bradley smoker is arriving tomorrow. I am planning on smoking some pork spare ribs, baby back ribs, chicken wings and corn this weekend.

I would like to say thank you to all of the members for sharing your knowledge and experience. I look forward to learning a lot and hopefully contributing as well one day.

Robert

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

TedEbear

Welcome aboard from St. Louis, Robert.  Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET733

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

It sounds like you're hitting the ground running with a lot of things to smoke this weekend.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

Saber 4

Howdy from a North Texas Robert, where in Texas are you? I'm in Kemp southeast of Dallas.

Robert Rose

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Texan. I'm in Stephenville SW of Ft Worth. Cowboy Capital of the World.
Robert Rose
Director Region 3
Texas Association of Bass Clubs
CoCoRaHS Volunteer TX-ER-4

beefmann

congrats and  welcome aboard

KyNola

Welcome from the Bluegrass State.  Pretty ambitious inaugural cook you have planned for this weekend.  Don't stress if things don't go completely as planned.  If you need any assistance or questions answered don't hesitate to get on here and ask.  That's why we're all here. :)

pensrock

Welcome from Pa. I have met some great people from Texas.  :)

smoke em if you got em

Welcome from central Texas.

Mike
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

roberttownsend

Quote from: TedEbear on August 08, 2014, 04:40:54 AM
Welcome aboard from St. Louis, Robert.  Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET733

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

It sounds like you're hitting the ground running with a lot of things to smoke this weekend.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

Thanks you, TedEbear. I will be reading through each of those posts. I will also try to take some pictures to share.

I appreciate all of the great information.

roberttownsend

Quote from: Saber 4 on August 08, 2014, 05:11:22 AM
Howdy from a North Texas Robert, where in Texas are you? I'm in Kemp southeast of Dallas.

Hi Saber 4, I am in Spring, just north of Houston.

roberttownsend

Quote from: KyNola on August 08, 2014, 07:46:48 AM
Welcome from the Bluegrass State.  Pretty ambitious inaugural cook you have planned for this weekend.  Don't stress if things don't go completely as planned.  If you need any assistance or questions answered don't hesitate to get on here and ask.  That's why we're all here. :)

Thanks KyNola,

I hope that I didn't bite of more than I can chew :) I got the ribs prepped tonight and seasoned the smoker. I am expecting to be getting more visits from the neighbors with that great smokey scent.

roberttownsend

Thank you all for the warm welcome! This seems to be a great community of users. I know that I am going to learn a lot.

tailfeathers

Hi and welcome to the party from South Dakota!!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Gafala

Remember to keep your vent open.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.