• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

manxman Right To Shoot First State

Started by Oldman, September 06, 2006, 05:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Quote from: PetersCreek on September 12, 2006, 02:09:57 PM
Iceman...The Wife® and I lived on the "good side" of Mountain View for some time, saving to buy our current house out in Peters Creek.  While it was generally quiet where we were, life is much nicer out here.
Peters Creek was a good move for you. Ann lived there for a few years. We decided on Knik when the "cabin" we were building got a little bigger than we thought it would be. For just the two of us and the furry four pawed kids it's too big but we like it. Hope to get with Vampyr and get together with you and Wife soon for some pizza. I meant to ask, have you tried grilling pizzas yet? I tried your dough and well lets just leave it at this. "We won't be ordering pizza out anymore"! I hope you know you created another monster in the kitchen. Just when Ann figures things will calm down I get  hooked on another recipe quest. Hey, winter is getting close and I can't just work on the house all the time. Of course you know pizza requires large amounts of ale so...... I better stop now. I'm getting thirsty already. :D

manxman

QuoteCount me as one of 'em!  I learned just a couple of years ago that my earliest American ancestor was born in 1759 to parents from the Isle.  We'd previously assumed, having the family name of Luna, that we originated in Spain way back when.  That changed when an uncle undertook tracing the family's geneology.  It turns out that a later ancestor changed it from Looney to differentiate himself from so many others in his locale who had the same name.

Wow, what a small world. The name Looney typically comes from a town called Peel here on the Isle of Man. Well it is actually designated a city because it has a cathedral but in the greater scheme of things it is a town, even perhaps a village!! :D

Know several Looney's, a good  Manx name! :) (although like my own surname it is actually Irish Gaelic in origin)
Manxman

Chez Bubba

Quote from: manxman on September 12, 2006, 03:31:12 PM
QuoteKnow several Looney's

Me too, but I try to avoid them when I'm about on the town! ;D ;D

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

manxman

QuoteMe too, but I try to avoid them when I'm about on the town! 

Now I just knew someone would come back with a comment such as this and you were odds on favourite Kirk!! Glad you did not disappoint!  ;D ;D ;D

And yes..... there are a few Looney's by name, looney's by nature that I know but most are very level headed.  ;)
Manxman

PetersCreek

Iceman—Yep, it was definitely a good move for us.  One of the movers even commented on the degree of upgrade.  I'm glad the crust recipe worked out for ya.  You're doomed, ya know.  I have grilled my pizzas yet but I've been contemplating it for a while.

Manxman—Thanks for the info about Peel.  Other than briefly scanning the official tourism website, I don't know that much about the Isle.  What I've seen, though, makes me think a visit is in my future at some point.
Brett
Peters Creek, Alaska
PetersCreekPhoto.com

manxman

QuoteOther than briefly scanning the official tourism website, I don't know that much about the Isle.  What I've seen, though, makes me think a visit is in my future at some point.

I am sure you would be made very welcome. :)

As a boy I can remember relatives visiting from Pennyslvania, I still have a dollar note they gave me at the time. Sadly they are both dead now and I have lost contact with their children but I do know I have realtives in that part of the world.

It's a small world.......
Manxman

Kummok

Quote from: manxman on September 14, 2006, 01:00:24 PM
.....As a boy I can remember relatives visiting from Pennyslvania, I still have a dollar note they gave me at the time. .....

It's a small world.......

Did that "Penn trip" dollar note shrink as much while over there as the other ones have back here, Manxman?!?!? ;) ;D