• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New to smoking.

Started by smokin_bob, April 07, 2007, 05:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin_bob

Hello everyone,

I just got my 1st smoker. I am very new to this. I was wanting to smoke a pork tenderloin and wasn't sure how long to smoke/cook and at what temp.
Any thoughts on this would be great. And if anyone has done it before, how did it turn out?

Thanks,
smokin_bob

owrstrich

welcome smobo...

i smoke them at 200 deg box until they reache 145 internal...

its easy... its fast... its good... do not over cook...

i get the loin that is about 4 or 5 inches round and as long as a bs rack is wide... sometime the really big ones have to be cut in half to fit a rack... you got the idea... do not over cook...

i trim all the fat because the fat seems to get nasty on the loin... then rubb it... i like the dizzy pig swamp rubb but you can put together any mixx of rubb that you want...  do not over cook...

i fridge it for a day or 2 for the rubb to settle in but its not necessary...

i load 4 hours of hickory or smoke of your choice... fill up the water bowl and slide it in... preheat bs to 200... after loading advance a puck on the burner... vent 1/3 open... do not over cook...

slide 1 pound of cheap bacon spread over the next to top rack or 1 pound of cheap pepperoni spread over the next to top rack... your choice... what ever you put up there will drip on the loin to flavor and moisturize... this is not really necessary but i like the extra juice dripping on the lean loin...

slide your loin in 1 rack under the bacon or pepperoni... i smoke at 200 box until the beast reaches 145 internal...

1 rack size loin at room temp in a 200 preheated box may take 4 hours to reach 145 internal... ftc for minimum of 1 hour... a 2 to 4 hour ftc is better... 2 rack size loins wont take much more than 5 hours... do not over cook...

out of ftc i slice both 1/8 thin and 1" thick slabs... always moist and tasty... do not overcook

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum smokin_bob.  By the way, be patient and try not to over cook. ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Welcome s_b, as O says.  A thermometer for Internal Temps is a necessary tool for smoking with the Bradley.  Many variables effect the time - IT is the key.  Enjoy and post your experiences... forum is a great place to learn if everyone posts.  :)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

smokin_bob

Thanks owrstrich. And to everyone for a nice welcome. I uderstand 1 thing so far. "do not over cook",  :)
Don't worry I will watch the IT very closely, and not over cook. I'll post my results.

smokin_bob

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome smokin_bob!  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

PigOut

Welcome aboard Smokin Bob

Skip

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

hillbillysmoker

Welcome aboard.  Please feel free to share your smoking adventures and questions.  Each of us gains from the knowledge of others and the sharing of ideas.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Consiglieri

Hi Smokin' Bob and welcome.  You'll find a lot of recipe's and techniques posted here, but in truth, the search functioin leaves a lot to be desired. 

There is a recipe site maintained by Oldman that also has some great recipes and resources:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Enjoy the Bradley adventure and good luck!
Consiglieri

iceman

Welcome smokin_bob. Your in for some fun and great food! ;D