• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Help...lost recipe

Started by boxertrio, March 02, 2007, 03:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxertrio

1.  While getting all my stuff around for the first BBQ comp of the season here.....I can't find my recipe for Carolina White Sauce.  Any help would be appreciated....if I could remember the base, I think I could get the rest of it.

2.  I don't remember it being discussed much here, but I inject all my butts with a fruit juice concoction before smoking (its hard to place at bigger comps with out doing this).  Question is; has anyone else tried it, I use a pineapple and Cheyenne and paprika mix along with a little 90 proof with good results.

Thanks...wings in the Bradley and turkeys in the pit...gonna be a great weekend  ;D
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Gizmo

Are you sure the name is Carolina White Sauce?  Didn't find it on an internet search.  Had Alabama White Sauce.

Here is a link to the recipe site with a white sauce from Big Bob Gibson.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=273

Was the indgrediants like this with a little extra fruit juice tossed in?
1 cup mayonaise
1 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne

Or
1 1/2 cups prepared yellow mustard
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup beer
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce, or to taste
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

boxertrio

Hey Giz, thanks man...the first recipie is pretty close to the base I need.  Carolina sause is mayo based and very spicy, at least the ones I have tried.
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

boxertrio

Thanks Owrs....That's the recipe I lost...thought I got it off the Ring, but evidently I got it here.  Thanks for the help.