• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Fattys ?

Started by MRH, December 31, 2006, 08:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRH

I was over on the Smoking Meat forum and they talk about smoking Fattys ( Jimmy Dean sausage smoked in the smoker, whole in the big log) they say they are real good.  Anybody here tried them?

Mark

owrstrich

chezz bubba smoked some sausage logs for camp n brew... i think it was 1lb store bought logs of bob evans sage...

it was tasty... not what some would call smoked sausage... more like sausage smoked...

you goota eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Wildcat

Not yet, but since I like Jimmy Dean, I may try it one day.  Post your results and I will decide then.  I was going to try smoking liver until I read some posts here and decided I liked liver too much to get that kind of result.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

I have done the sausage smoked and it was just like O described.  Liver and Onions - that the best but same postings scare me away from smoking it...

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

West Coast Kansan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have done the sausage smoked and it was just like O described.  Liver and Onions - that the best but same postings scare me away from smoking it...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wildcat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not yet, but since I like Jimmy Dean, I may try it one day.  Post your results and I will decide then.  I was going to try smoking liver until I read some posts here and decided I liked liver too much to get that kind of result.

Hey you guys, I resemble those remarks! Geez I think it's going to be a long time before me and Manx will forget about that mess. :D

Wildcat

Sorry about that Iceman.  All I can say is that your sauce is on the other side of the spectrum from the liver.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

Quote from: Wildcat on January 02, 2007, 12:53:14 PM
Sorry about that Iceman.  All I can say is that your sauce is on the other side of the spectrum from the liver.
:D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;)

West Coast Kansan

That's right, I had forgot who did those posts. Iceman and Manxman  :D ;) The legend continues...  :D :D or as Gizmo posted there are "only new recipes" ,,, some you just dont repeat.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

PigOut

I've done them a few times. Easy cookin',a lil rub and smoke is all it takes. I really enjoy em.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

Cajun

PigOut how long did you smoke them what temp did you bring the internal temp up to ??? and what kind of wood did you use? I bought the Jimmy Dean Maple and the Owins hot  :P
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

hillbillysmoker

I do them alot, sometimes just to add to the smoker. We really like them, and you can also put them on a rack above something else and use the drip from them as a moisturizer.  I usually do them at whatever temp my other items require 200-250 and bring the internal temp to about 160.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

PigOut

Every time I smoke I throw at least one in . Never really used IT for em. Just 3 hrs at 200-220 . Any wood works . If I was doing breakfast style maybe a maple-apple mix  or cajun style with hickory. Starting to use pecan and oak also. Its all a personal taste thing. Every time, they turn out great, cant really mess em up. Even stuffed one with cheese!

Skip

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!