• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

The Yard and Pool Company is now Open

Started by begolf25, June 21, 2007, 09:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Good looking site... when I get a moment or so I will add it to our vendor's list.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

As far as pools go back in the early 80s a neighbor of mine had what he called a natural pool. It really was a pond / pool. He used no chemicals; it had a membrane on the bottom and the water was pumped through it and then into a filter and then into some kind of chamber that killed bacteria; then it was returned to the pool. He had plants, and fish in it.

If I remember correctly it went from 3 foot to 10 foot in depth. It was really neat the way he put it together. It had Bass, Brim, and other fish as well has crawfish, and fresh water shrimp. Swimming in it was very interesting.

Years later when he passed on the new owners just filled it in with soil....  so to have a pool or not to have a pool is an individual's choice.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

begolf25

Thank you Olds. I appreciate that.  ;D

hillbillysmoker

Best of luck with your venture into the world of Bradley.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Consiglieri

Gotta say that I was kidding about the lawn darts.  With the new boy, I've been thinking of some of the poorer decisions I made growing up and seeing the reference to yard reminded me of those lawn darts.  The other posts in this thread really point out what was making me smile... I have a shiny little scar on my left shin/calf as a reminder of the day we played chicken (I closed my eyes) with lawn darts on the afternoon before we saw--- I am not making this up---- Saturday Night Fever.  Was quite a coup to find some parents willing to take us boys to that movie so had to bite my toungue and not tell anyone about the mishap.  Worse part was that I had to put a sh!tload of methiolate on the wound myself.  But I won cuz no one would hold against my next toss (heh, heh).

Glad to see I wasn't the only male that made it to middle age against all odds.  I told my wife that I was glad we had a son.   Not for the ego reasons but because I know where most of the landmines are buried and could help steer (like any of us paid attention to Dad's steering).  The common lawndart escapades prove my point. ::)

All kidding aside, your site looks beautiful and I'm looking forward to checking out the stuff. 
Consiglieri

begolf25

Fellas,

Just wanted to let everyone know we are running a special on our pucks. Our 48 pack of pucks are now $16.99 and the 120 pack is $39.90.

If you combine these prices with the special offer code we have on our home page the 48 packs will be $15.29 and the 120 packs will be $35.91.

http://www.yardandpool.com/home.php?cat=20

Have a great weekend,

Bryan