• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Butts

Started by hillbillysmoker, June 23, 2007, 10:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

Quote from: chuck steak on June 25, 2007, 01:54:28 PM
Quote from: HCT on June 25, 2007, 10:06:20 AM
Leave the butt in the FTC and when your time to eat approaches take it out and pull your meat. The FTC process keeps it warm and helps making the pulling easier.
Okay I'm have'n a brain cramp, whats FTC? jeeze louise I bet this sounds silly.

Fart at The Cat, Fill The Cup, Follow The Chicks, Focus The Camera, and then Foil Towel Cooler your meat.

chuck steak

I thought it meant to use Foil Tent to Cover ((( dag gone ))) so wrap the meat in floil and cover with towel then let cool?

CLAREGO

your right on the money chucksteak. hey being a butcher and all is there a way to get chuck steak (ANGUS) to cook like a steak or keep it for pulling?

chuck steak

Quote from: TheCLAREGO on June 26, 2007, 05:45:57 AM
your right on the money chucksteak. hey being a butcher and all is there a way to get chuck steak (ANGUS) to cook like a steak or keep it for pulling?
let me ask, what cooking method you use'n ? second are you use'n a marinaide.
the chuck cut is dificult to get tender in any beef type. just a note: chuck steaks are generally cut thin for this reason and chuck roast are cooked in liquid for long periods of time. If I was gonna grill chuck steak I woud get a thinner steak and use a marrinade. In 28 yrs I have never worked in a market where chuck steak was cut a 1/2" or more unless it was customer request. course I'm sure some markets do.

CLAREGO

hmmm marinate  it. then use my secret coffee base rub for the steaks

hillbillysmoker

I have done many chuck roasts to pull for pulled beef.  I do a honey mustard and seasoning rub the night before, wrap in saran and refrigerate.  I cover the roast with bacon before smoking to prevent drying out and smoke with hickory and take to internal temp of 195 and then FTC before pulling.  We love it.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

standles

Quote from: TheCLAREGO on June 26, 2007, 10:43:52 AM
hmmm marinate  it. then use my secret coffee base rub for the steaks

So you gonna start selling your rub and pursue Iceman's path to glory  ;D

Steven

hillbillysmoker

No way.  I am just a mountain man....no where near an iceman.  The Iceman is far and above any of my attempts to season things.  That is why I'm a customer of his not a competitor. Actually the seasoning I use sounds ridiculous.  I use Legg's Maple Sausage Seasoning as a rub with the mustard on chuck roasts.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

CLAREGO