Polish ham kielbasa (pics)

Started by geofite, April 09, 2008, 08:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geofite

Quote from: Buck36 on April 11, 2008, 04:22:35 PM
Geo that looks awesome! I will bring some of my Grandma's czernina and paczki and have a feast!

Thanks, lol, please bring lots of doughnuts, I love them, but I don't know about the duck blood soup though! My babcha never made it, but she also never made homemade kielbasa! I will never buy comercial kielbasa again! I wish my babcha was still here to eat some of my homemade stuff, she would have been very happy.

Buck36

I have to give the kielbasa a try. My babcha never made kielbasa either but at 95 she still has never bought a loaf of bread. You got to love homemade bread!

Arcs_n_Sparks

Okay, I'll pile on. We need kulich....   :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

smokestack

Nice job with the sausage jeofite. I'm going to make some sausage with my daughter next week and I was wondering if you made the 10lbs recipe or the 25 lbs recipe. How much is shown hanging in the smokehouse in the pictures.I'm also new to the website, but have been reading since I bought my BOS 2 years ago.Haven't used it enough times, but that's about to change this year.

geofite

Quote from: smokestack on April 24, 2008, 12:25:06 PM
Nice job with the sausage jeofite. I'm going to make some sausage with my daughter next week and I was wondering if you made the 10lbs recipe or the 25 lbs recipe. How much is shown hanging in the smokehouse in the pictures.I'm also new to the website, but have been reading since I bought my BOS 2 years ago.Haven't used it enough times, but that's about to change this year.

Thanks. It was supposed to be the 10 pound recipe, but it turned out to be 12 pounds of meat after I cleaned it off the ham bone and trimmed the fat and skin from the meat so I adjusted the recipe for the cure and seasonings accordingly. I saved all the hard fat and put it in the freezer while the meat was curing for 24 hours. Then, I defrosted the fat and used 1 pound of it put through the fine plate of the grinder and then mixed it into the meat after it was spiced and just before it went into the casings. If you get the book by Rytec Kutas, you will read up on the process of making sausages safely. He has all the information in his book that you need to know. Good luck with your sausages. Hope yours taste as good as mine did!