• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cooking ribs for 25 people

Started by MI Smoker, May 12, 2008, 12:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MI Smoker

Gonna help a buddy cook ribs for 25 people for a rehearsal dinner.  Looking for some advice.  Should we cook them ahead of time and warm them for the dinner.  I was thinking 18 to 20 lbs of ribs so probably 2 seperate smokes.  I estimated we could get around 16 lbs in at once.  Mine has 4 racks, so if we did 10 lbs per smoke it'd leave us room for the bacon drip on top.  Could smoke for 3-4 hours then wrap in foil and move to the oven on low then start the second batch.

kiyotei

I would think smoking the day before should be ok.  Smoked meats taste better if you let them sit a while.  Moving them to the oven after 4 hours of smoke would help speed things up for sure.  Is the dinner gonna be at someone's house where you can finish them off on a grill?

West Coast Kansan

I would cook ahead and warm them up... lots of people - too much risk for me... That does not mean I would not have the smoker running at the event however - maybe a little chicken or scallops etc for a variety that can be completed fairly quickly.  ???

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)