• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Braking in w/Temperature issue..

Started by dave197878, July 04, 2008, 09:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave197878

Hi just breakin in my OBS.. and it's been on for a few hours but will not exceed the 150F/65.5 C

Out side temp is 67F/19C very little breez.. maybe just a touch.. Anyone heard of this or have any suggestions..

Smokin Soon

Just wondering what you are using to monitor your cabinet temp?

Arcs_n_Sparks

Welcome dave197878 (birthday soon?),

1. Tower is plugged into the generator, so you are not just heating using the smoke generator?
2. Is the slider all the way to the right? Sometimes you have to back down a touch to avoid a dead spot on the slider. Heating element should be glowing red.
3. Is the vent wide open or necked down?
4. Are you on extension cords or directly into an outlet?

Arcs_n_Sparks

dave197878

Built in thermometer, I have read it's not accurate.. but still seems low. vent is only open a crack .. using no extension cord. Finally after 3 hours I opened the door and the metal inside was pretty touchable so it seems the low temp is accurate.

dave197878

Yes both are plugged in and had the smoke going as well.. The silders on full so maybe I will try pullin back a lil ..  dead spot on the slider maye be it .. will check .. Thanks

Mr Walleye

Dave, welcome to the forum.

If the slider isn't the problem try unplugging and re-plugging the cord between the tower and the generator. Make sure you give it a good push to get it seated properly.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

dave197878

Mr walleye U are 100% right, it was pugged but not in good enuff I guess I should of noticed the light not on..Duh..  Thanks everone for the help.

I guess which brings me to the cold smoke if with only the smoker on it can go up to 150F is this still really a cold smoke? would that star to cook a salmon for instance while smokeing?

Mr Walleye

Dave

Glad you got it working.
Depending on your outside temp some people will put a bowl of ice on the lowest rack to keep the temp down. The other thing a number of people do is set up the generator in an offset box. This can be done with a cardboard box and a dryer vent. Here is a link that will give you the idea.

http://www.foodsmoker.co.uk/equipment/bradleycold.htm

I have set mine up permanently in a cold smoke setup, but I also can hot smoke with it as well. Here's a link.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=6075.0

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

deb415611

Dave,

Glad you got it going.  Welcome to the forum.

Deb

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E to the forum dave197878!

You may have experienced that hardest part about the Bradley - putting it together and breaking in!

;D ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!