• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Baby back ribs anyone?

Started by humpa, December 12, 2004, 03:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humpa

I started this adventure with 2 racks of baby back ribs, about 3 pounds each.I tried a new rub used on the BRITU ribs.(best ribs in the universe) Can be found here. http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/rib1.html
I basically did these close to instructions. Ribs were at room temp and  dusted with rub and sat for 2 hours. They looked like this http://home.comcast.net/~humpa/DSC_1314.JPG  While they sat on my table,notice the prep time beer....ha ha!! Anyway, I adjusted my smoker to 225 deg. Here's where the fun starts. I loaded the ribs in and smoked them for 3 hours, turned them over and without smoke, finished them for another hour and a half. When I finished they looked like this. http://home.comcast.net/~humpa/DSC_1319.JPG  As you can see, I worked hard on this project.(giant laugh) Well anyway,I added some honey and Sauce mixture and presto!!!! TBRITU wins again...They were melt in your mouth delicious. If anyone knows of a better rub I'd like to try it. This one will be hard to beat...
                   Smoke'em if ya got'em............

Hey Doc...I'm down to 2 racks a day!!!

tsquared

Sounds good humpa, I have yet to try ribs in the BS, but they are  on my list. Has anyone tried rolling their racks of ribs and fastening with a skewer as shown in the BRITU post on the Weber board?
Tom

owrstrich

i see 14 empty beer canns... 3 bluntt butts... 2 racks of ribbs...

the only thing missing is yern wimmins...

life is good...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Ian

yeah 14 empties but they were lites lol[:D]

Ian{GO STEELERS}

humpa

I just had leftovers and now there gone........Time to make another batch of ribs. If you spray them with applejuice and warm them............OH so good and moist!! BTW....I have 3 Patriots cheerleaders coming to my next endeavor....Probably smoked rib eyes or tenderloin....Like Chez I love red meat and veggies. [:p] I want to make a rub that is so simple and good. I will experiment and keep everyone informed. If anyone has any easy to make rubs, please let me know. I hate going out to buy stuff that I don't have in my cabinets. Thanks all...Keep smoking!!!

nsxbill

I have four rack in the Fridge for Wed.  I like the idea of rolling them up.   Might be able to avoid using the bottom shelf where things get so hot.  It looks like it would work in the BS!  I actually thought about resurecting some of my old Weber racks and standing ribs up lenthwise......been so long I doubt I could find them!

Thanks for the post and information.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

humpa

I just finished 4 racks of baby backs and tried the rolling method. They came out exactly the same as not rolled. I put the thicker side down as they stand up better. Also I never turned them over and they all browned up the same.
   Try chicken breasts wrapped in bacon next. They were so moist and tender, that I used my fork to cut them.