• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Turkey and ham together? Help

Started by jbollier, November 25, 2008, 07:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

LQ is La Quinta she is a forum member
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jbollier

Crap, now I guess I have to change my name and move into the federal witness protection program.

deb415611

Quote from: jbollier on November 25, 2008, 02:43:24 PM
Crap, now I guess I have to change my name and move into the federal witness protection program.

JB,

no worries,  LQ's going to like you.    I can't find the original thread where she tries to hypnotize WTS to use something other than mesquite but found a subsequent thread that WTS's wood of choice is discussed...  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=8122.0

And WTS is used to being picked on for his wood of choice  :)

Deb

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Oldman

QuoteI wish I had some oak, you can't beat it for it's mild sweet flavour but Cabelos doesn't carry it.
I suggest you use Brayn at Yard and Pool for your Bradley items.   

He is a member here. His service is great.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

westexasmoker

Quote from: jbollier on November 25, 2008, 02:26:44 PM
OK, now who is LQ? Another mesquite fanatic?

I just saw this.....HeeeeeHeeeeeHeeeee!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

I've used Cherry, Hickory and Maple on Turkeys.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

jbollier

You guys are too funny and as I like to say, "Having too much fun."
I just went to Home Depot and bought a stainless steel rack that is designed to put on the grill and has small holes in it so you can grill small items such as vegatables and what-not that are too small for the grill and will fall through. Well do you know that with a small amount of modifications it fits the smoker perfectly and holds the shrimp and scallops? Stainless steel, can you dig it?

jbollier

Thanks BR, I will try the maple for the first 2 hrs then finish up with the hickory the next 2 hrs, then set the flavours deep into the turkey breast and ham @ 180 internal and maintain this temp. for 3 hrs. Anything else you guys can think of?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: jbollier on November 25, 2008, 07:36:45 PM
Thanks BR, I will try the maple for the first 2 hrs then finish up with the hickory the next 2 hrs, then set the flavours deep into the turkey breast and ham @ 180 internal and maintain this temp. for 3 hrs. Anything else you guys can think of?

copious amounts of adult beverages!!!!! ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jbollier

Thanks TP5, I'm on my way and I don't give a sh-t if it is two days early! See ya!!!

Gizmo

Quote from: jbollier on November 25, 2008, 07:16:03 PM
You guys are too funny and as I like to say, "Having too much fun."
I just went to Home Depot and bought a stainless steel rack that is designed to put on the grill and has small holes in it so you can grill small items such as vegatables and what-not that are too small for the grill and will fall through. Well do you know that with a small amount of modifications it fits the smoker perfectly and holds the shrimp and scallops? Stainless steel, can you dig it?
Better than stainless is the Hi-Temp screens that Yard and Pool are selling.  Nothing sticks, nothing falls through.  Well except maybe sunflower seeds and smaller.  The smoked seasame seeds are a real pain as well. ::)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Hi jb...I'm really not THAT scary...I think you're plan is great...and you just go do it with your maple and hickory...sounds like a good idea dude!!!  ;D That combo of woods will be good...as opposed to "the wood of which we shall not speak"!!!

Deb was right...  ;D

deb415611