Thanks Giving Ham

Started by Stargazer, November 24, 2008, 04:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

Updated: Just woke up for a moment, Maverick is still doing just fine with smoke probe in use. It's got to be that crazy bullet smoker running super hot earlier.

On that note, going back to bed. Will post pictures of finished product and thank you all for your help.

Night  8)
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Patience

I work with some people that started a "paranormal investigation" club, I'll send 'em out with all their special equipment they get off ebay.  The SAME equipment I use to make trail cams, now I can't get them cheap anymore cuz everybody is ghost hunting....ANYWAY.

Thanks for the info on injecting, I am anticipating finished pics today.  22Lbs is huge, have you ever chunked up pork and stuffed in mesh bag with gelatin powder?  Apparently that is all deli meat is, but I don't know how much gelatin to powder on or how exactly  you pack the meat to make no air holes.  If I did 22lbs, I wouldn't have to smoke anything again for a year!

Keep us informed on your smoke!
A well used minimum suffices for everything -- Phileas Fogg

Stargazer

Heres the out come from last night, just now posting this.

All that problem was with the bullet smoker, the maverick was on the money. All the maverick was showing is how hot this bullet smoker can get. It's weird because sometimes it smokes fine and other times it goes ballistic. After my earlier postings, the smokers calmed down, go figure.  :-\

This ham is now currently foiled and waiting for tomorrows dinner which Ill post some showing the center cuts.

Thanks for everyones help and Happy and Safe Thanksgiving everyone :D

La Quinta

Holy Moly StarMan...that looks amazingly tasty...well done!!  :)

Smokin Soon

If I could just get a tiny slice and a shot of the Beam I could sleep better   :D

Stargazer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on November 26, 2008, 10:59:14 PM
If I could just get a tiny slice and a shot of the Beam I could sleep better   :D
Hey, if you or any other family of the forum is around my neck of the woods here in Kentucky, feel free to grab a bunch of slices and some Beam.

Kentucky hospitality :D

Thats if y'all can put up listening to Molly Hatchet, Allman Brothers and Johnny Winter during the drink time.  8)

I'm tempted to make up some homemade mustards for the ham on the side. Mustard and ham go hand in hand. Along with dark pumpernickel rye and swiss for sandwiches after Thanksgiving :D

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

That looks PDG there StarG.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Stargazer on November 26, 2008, 11:46:32 PM
Quote from: Smokin Soon on November 26, 2008, 10:59:14 PM

Thats if y'all can put up listening to Molly Hatchet, Allman Brothers and Johnny Winter during the drink time.  8)

Man, I grew up on Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Outlaws and the like.  I still break them out from time to time just to make me feel young again.

I'm travellin' down the road and I'm flirting with disaster.................................

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

FLBentRider

Quote from: Smoking Duck on November 27, 2008, 05:29:48 AM
I'm travellin' down the road and I'm flirting with disaster.................................

I knew a girl named Disaster, once....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Stargazer

Here is the end result.

It was a huge hit with my dad and uncle. I'm posting this now as they watch a football game right now on tv half asleep.

Heres a picture of my fathers turkey and his homemade stuffing if anyones interested.

Also made a huge pot of mashed taters and brown gravy to go with the meal. We will have left overs past December :D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  8)

westexasmoker

Thats a beauty of a ham! 

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Stargazer

Thank you kindly WTS. By the way, I decided when I move in next month or two, which is when Ill get my Bradley, going to make my first Brisket to break it in. Just to let you know I been reading pretty heavy over you posts on Briskets, they look awesome.

When time comes and I get ready, I most likely gonna bug you with a million questions concerning beef Brisket if thats ok. I'm just afraid of ruining such a fine cut of meat. :-\

Happy Thanksgiving :D

westexasmoker

Quote from: Stargazer on November 27, 2008, 02:21:59 PM
Thank you kindly WTS. By the way, I decided when I move in next month or two, which is when Ill get my Bradley, going to make my first Brisket to break it in. Just to let you know I been reading pretty heavy over you posts on Briskets, they look awesome.

When time comes and I get ready, I most likely gonna bug you with a million questions concerning beef Brisket if thats ok. I'm just afraid of ruining such a fine cut of meat. :-\

Happy Thanksgiving :D

Thats what I'm/WE/YOU...are here for!!

Gooble, Gooble! ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

Gooble, Gooble  ??? ??? ???

I'm not sure how the turkeys talk down in your neck of the woods, but around here, it's GOBBLE GOBBLE!

Or is that what they say after being hit with mesquite?  ;D ;D ;D

I'm just funning you WTS!  Gooble Gooble  ;)

Hope your Turkey Day was special and all came out well.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra