• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Salmon question

Started by westexasmoker, December 09, 2008, 03:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

My pref is closer to room temp. I would not even consider heating. Some crackers and some smoked cheese, yer gonna find friends you never even have known!!   :D

tsquared

QuoteSome crackers and some smoked cheese, yer gonna find friends you never even have known!!/quote]

Like SS says, crackers, cheese, maybe a little jalapeno jelly and /or freshly ground pepper and thinly sliced onion--you'll be in heaven!! I've got to get a batch into the salt this weekend to start to cure for a smoke next week. You've provided some good motivation West Texas--thanks!
T2

Smokin Soon

The thing is that there is always the guy or gal that says "I don't eat salmon" When they just try a little taste, they will be the plate cleaners. Don't know about Texas folks, but these idiots out here in California
listen to a different drum!

westexasmoker

OK sold....Duh, kinda figured that way, room temp is the way to go!  These are the same crazy people that ya tell'em to age a piece of meat and they go OMG we're gonna die!  Thanks guys, you know it's the poop (s**ks) seconed guessing yourself, but when feeding other people I just go nuts!  Onward through the smoke!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Kummok

SS has it wired! I've had many of an "I'm not a fish eater" go full tilt conversion when sampling smoked salmon! In all my years of salmon and smoking same, this is the first time I've EVER heard of heating smoked salmon???? Not saying that it isn't done in certain circles, just have never heard of it (course, I heat kipper snacks in the can in a campfire or on an exhaust manifold before consumption so who am I to judge!?!?!?) My vote is for the room temperature crowd....if they want it hot, that's why God gave us Tabasco sauce!

westexasmoker

Thanks Kummok!  I was at a lost of what to say except 'Yeah cold is good' and then I got hit with what kind of sauce do you use on it.....At this point I realized I live in west texas and these people don't have a clue!  The plan is keeping on an keeping on, I'm thawing last night and tonight still pretty frozen and off to the brine tommorrow and a smoke on Sunday!  If nothing else I'll just keep it all....HaHa for them!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smokin Soon

Yeah! Kummok is right on target with that. I'm going back years to friends that said " I don't eat anything that swims". You will convert them!  ;D