• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Christmas Prime Rib

Started by stillsmoking, December 24, 2008, 04:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillsmoking

Great minds and all that Duck.  Beef, Garlic and Wasabi, the holy trinity!

FL, know what  you mean.  We only do the Prime Rib once or twice a year but sure do look forward to it.

Wanted to work the Big Easy into this one but the timing just didn't work out.  Maybe next time.

Consiglieri

That looks great!  Prime rib is such a treat.

My inlaws had quite a Christmas crew to feed and had three large rib roasts to cook.  However, their meat therm. must have been run through the dishwasher because it hit target temp reading, and the meat was pulled from the oven, while essentially raw.  I got to play hero by finishing (cooking) the meat on the grill.  No au jus, but a nice crust. 

Congrats on your success. 
Consiglieri

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Consiglieri

Was a lot of fun, FL.  I don't think there's much of a chance that I'll have the opportunity to cook that much prime rib at one time for quite a while. 
Consiglieri

stillsmoking

Thanks Consigs.

The hero business is hard work but rewarding Consigs!  Sounds like good work if you can get it!

Consiglieri

Quote from: stillsmoking on December 27, 2008, 03:45:39 PM
Thanks Consigs.

The hero business is hard work but rewarding Consigs!  Sounds like good work if you can get it!

It's a lot easier to be a hero when your sacrifice involves: (1) a grill or smoker, (2) an opportunity to take the good bottle of wine with you out to that device, & (3) an opportunity to save a Christmas dinner for many hungry "outlaws," as Mr. Walleye calls them. 
Consiglieri