cleaning grills

Started by freddyboy, March 21, 2009, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Quote from: Gizmo on March 21, 2009, 11:28:53 PM
Quote from: Caneyscud on March 21, 2009, 08:04:56 PM
Reading this thread with interest and with eyes newly opened.  You are supposed to clean the racks?  An oldtimer told me once that dirty racks only add flavor!  Same with a coffee cup.  The one at the office, I haven't washed the inside for 3 years now.  Tell you the truth I can't tell if I'm getting more flavor or just lazy.  No voting on that!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire' 
Quote from: Ka Honu on March 21, 2009, 10:26:30 PM
Quote from: Caneyscud on March 21, 2009, 08:04:56 PM... a coffee cup.  The one at the office, I haven't washed the inside for 3 years now.

I know a guy that almost lost his life out at sea for cleaning all the coffee mugs in the shop while out at sea.  The chief had a cup that had not been washed his entire career.  Could say there was a lot of flavor in that cup.  I think the guy I know had to hide for 3 days before the Chief was calm enough that death was no longer on the plan, but I think midwatches for a year was.   ;)

Caney - It got washed once by a former girlfriend who didn't know any better in the mid 90s. 

I guess that was the reason she is a former girlfriend, eh?

Man, now I can print this out and show everybody - I ain't the only one!  The 3 year cup had about 10 years on it before a former fellow employee decided she'd wash it one day trying to be nice.  Being a gentleman, I thanked her - then hid my cup for the rest of the time she was here!  It's got the nice mahogany colored interior back now.  Whew, that was hard work.  I gave up decades ago hoping I could convince my wife not to wash my cup.  I do wish she wouldn't!  The only larger cup she allows me at the house is this insulated stainless with a black plastic top.  Every time I partake of a cup at the house, the first half of the cup tastes like soap suds - Yuck.  Needless to say, I don't drink coffee at the house much anymore!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"