What's Smoking - Weekend of 3/21/09?

Started by Caneyscud, March 18, 2009, 08:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

Looks like WTS converted another one!  ;D

Ka Honu

Quote from: Ka Honu on March 18, 2009, 05:58:29 PM
I'm planning on getting out the slicer on Friday - hopefully I'll be able to find the camera by then, too.

I found the camera but don't know how to post the photos.  I'm used to uploading them directly as attachments but apparently that option has been disabled here.  Do I need to subscribe to an online storage site of some kind?

lumpy

KaHona,
Try Photobucket..........it works for me.

As far as whats smoking this weekend, I've got an early start. Stuffed sausages this afternoon and as I write they are in the smoker.
(Hot Italian sausages in 21 and 32mm sizes)

Lumpy

Habanero Smoker

If you open an account on Photobucket here is a link to a tutorial on how to post your pictures.

How to add pictures.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Ka Honu

Thanks - I think I've got it...

Had a fatty keeping the pastrami company.  Inside still looks kinda shiny but I'm working on it!

Ready to slice.

I need some rye bread and mustard!

Voila! Le fromage. I actually waited 18 days!

The only thing left to say is that it all tastes even better than it looks.

FLBentRider

I've got some King fish I'm going to marinate tonight and smoke tomorrow for smoked fish dip.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

seemore

Caneyscud

Good looking smokes KH

FLBR - wish I could be around that smoked Kingfish - it's be fun to try!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Smokin Soon

Ka Honu, no question...You got it! Aren't you glad I did some yakking on the Bradley over at the Big Easy Forum? Great look grub there.  ;D

viceman

i went with some salmon filets.   i used a cajun steelhead recipe my buddy uses. pretty simple. i also have some kbalsa in there.
my buddys a butcher and he gave me some last night and i decided to throw it in.    its nice having a friend thats a butcher  ;D

i am going to attempt ABT's for the first time later on.    i found some red jalepenos at the grocery store. 

Ka Honu

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 20, 2009, 10:06:20 PM
Ka Honu, no question...You got it! Aren't you glad I did some yakking on the Bradley over at the Big Easy Forum? Great look grub there.  ;D

SS - No doubt about it; you done good!  Thanks for the help.

KyNola

Aloha Ka Honu,
Nice spread! I have an 8 pound brisket and 2 butts in the BDS as we speak.  Did I mention in KY we use hickory? :D :D

KyNola

Ka Honu

Looks like next week is a Big Easy week since I have so much smoked "product" already on hand but I'm already looking forward to doing Tasso, pork butt, and ribs the following week.

I'm trying all sorts of wood at the moment but will probably have to stock up on mesquite pretty soon.  It's not the "only" wood used in Hawaii, but (as kiawe) is the main player and I'm already getting requests.

Caneyscud

Quote from: viceman on March 21, 2009, 11:12:29 AM
i found some red jalepenos at the grocery store. 

Man those red jalapenos rock.  You will enjoy them - slightly different than the green - They are actually ripe!  I haven't been able to find them around here for a few years.

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"