Had a Fresh Sausage kinda day

Started by Tenpoint5, April 10, 2009, 09:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeitall

Wow, those look great 10.5.  I am sure it won't take long for those boys of yours to polish them off.

Caneyscud

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Roadking

Collagan casings are no deal either. I use 38mm hog and can pack 140 lbs. in them where as 38mm collagen I can only pack 120 lb. It cost me $1.00 more for the hog and I rather bite into natural then collagen. I usually buy a large order from "The Sausage Maker" and get free shipping.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Roadking on April 13, 2009, 02:50:53 PM
Collagan casings are no deal either. I use 38mm hog and can pack 140 lbs. in them where as 38mm collagen I can only pack 120 lb. It cost me $1.00 more for the hog and I rather bite into natural then collagen. I usually buy a large order from "The Sausage Maker" and get free shipping.
I have a source in Dubuque that I can get the collagen for $4.20 a stick. No Shipping. Pick it up after work
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Roadking

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 13, 2009, 02:59:04 PM
Quote from: Roadking on April 13, 2009, 02:50:53 PM
I have a source in Dubuque that I can get the collagen for $4.20 a stick. No Shipping. Pick it up after work
That's 38mm, that's good. You get about 40-45 lbs. in a stick.
Last time I bought hanks they were under $27.00 a hank, purchased 8 hanks. If they're packed in salted water I won't buy them. Got to be packed in loose salt semi-damp. In the frig. they last forever. I'm down to 2 hanks and they're over 6 years old and still fresh as the day I bought them.