• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Circulation Fan

Started by Turkeyman, September 26, 2006, 04:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

Just another weekend with the smoker...

IKnowWood

Whoa  Watch out with the O2 going across the puck on the plate.  I had a bad run in with fire this weekend on the Propane Smoker.

More details in a post in I am working on for the Propane smoker area, also in the Tuesday Chat.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Toker

Sorry really don't want to hajck this topic but could someone nice enough to explain me what the hemispher has to do with the way the fan should turn pls? Never thought it had anything to do with each other thx

Habanero Smoker

That was a joke by former member TomG. He did have a sense of weird humor. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toker

Haha funy  :D i always fall on these traps lol! but is there an difinitive answer about the way the fan should turn? cw or ccw?

Habanero Smoker

I purchase the parts for my fan over a year ago, and still have not installed it. I'm going to run my cw.

The reason to have the fan run ccw is to pull the heat towards the back so that the heat is not blowing directly on the meat. This works well, but some argue (like me); pulling the heat towards the back where the heat is higher makes the circulation less efficient.

Mike (Mr. Walleye) runs his cw. He has added a reflector that partially surrounds the fan. Doing so the hot air will not blow directly on the meat.

If you open this thread and go to page #3; to the end you will see his modification.

Circulation Fan

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)